Canberra B(i)8 seat

reheat

It should be a Mk2CA. However, when it comes to all things Canberra, nowt is ever blooming simple or standard, so Id keep an eye on this one for a couple of days incase either Rich, Rich, or John come up with any surprises :yikes:

Bexy

Hi chaps ,im in the process of building the 1/72 Airfix kit and im stuck on which particular seat the pilot uses.Is it a MB Mk2 and if so which Mk2?

As Bex has said it should be a MB Mk2CA for an RAF B(I)8, Pavla has just released a useful replacement.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=PAVS4832

HTH.

As Bex has said it should be a MB Mk2CA for an RAF B(I)8, Pavla has just released a useful replacement.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=PAVS4832

HTH.

Indeed they have, but you're going to need a large hammer to squeeze it into a 1/72nd model.

Rich

cheers for the confidence Bex, but you're still the authority with John. I'm just a rank amateur trying to catch up.

Indeed they have, but you're going to need a large hammer to squeeze it into a 1/72nd model.

Rich

cheers for the confidence Bex, but you're still the authority with John. I'm just a rank amateur trying to catch up.

Where is the Homer Simpson smiley going "D'oh!" when you need it! I didn't notice the scale was 1/72nd...

All the same Aeroclub should have something close enough.

Hi chaps ,im in the process of building the 1/72 Airfix kit and im stuck on which particular seat the pilot uses.Is it a MB Mk2 and if so which Mk2?

I've just had a thought! Is it an RAF 8 you're building? if so you're OK with a 2c, but if you're building a SAAF 12 or Kiwi 12 it should be a Mk3

John

I've just had a thought! Is it an RAF 8 you're building? if so you're OK with a 2c, but if you're building a SAAF 12 or Kiwi 12 it should be a Mk3

John

Its an RAF machine im building so the Mk2c it is .Thanks guys, ive now found picture refrences i need and to be quite honest the kit seat isnt to bad im just going to add a bit more detail.

John

Not according to Martin Baker's webby John :whistle::rofl: SAAF had Mk2's not 3's but hey, we're talking about Canberras here so anything is possible :suicide:

Bexy

Not according to Martin Baker's webby John :whistle::rofl: SAAF had Mk2's not 3's but hey, we're talking about Canberras here so anything is possible :suicide:

Bexy

Hi Bexy

If you had said that 2 weeks ago I would have said the same B(I)8 it's a 2c and that my well still be true, but I've just seen some very nice photo's of NZ Can's B.(I)12's and they are definitely not 2c's I'm not 100% sure but looking at what I have by way of MB info they look like the line drawing of the Mk.3 on the MB web site. looking more like a Jet Provost Mk.5 seat, also of note they appear to be un-painted still being silver. I can't be as definite about the SAAF and Indian 8's/12's but looking at the photo's I have of later Can's the head box looks bigger and squarer than the 2's.

John

I'm currently finishing off my 1:48 Canberra B(I)8 that I built as part of the Cold War Jets build over on ATF. I decided to have a go at a bit of scratch building for my seat and ended up with this. It's not perfect but looks more like the real thing.

It's surprising what you can do with some plasticard and a bit of wire. Might be a bit trickier in 1:72 though

CanberraGB024.jpg

CanberraGB023.jpg

CanberraGB039.jpg