Kitech of China

Max Headroom

Hello everyone.

Just idly thumbing through E-Bay looking for nothing in particular and I came across this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kitech-1-48-Spitfire...id=p3286.c0.m14

When I scrolled down I found lots of other kits from various periods. There are ships, tanks and airliners too. You can click on each picture for a fuller description.

Are they originals, or are they 'inspired' by others? Has anyone bought one?

Apols in advance to the Mods if this is in the wrong place, but it didn't seem to fit in Chat?

Hi Max

picked up a Kitech 1/72 Apache a few years back for a couple of quid in the local charity shop

it is hard to find anything more charitable to say about it than that

blobs of plastic on a sprue :puke:

i like to think i would give most kits a fair go but sheesh even i got limits

i think a lot of the kits are Zhengdfu or whatever it is. maybe i just got a duffer but have not bothered with one since

I have their 1/48 Sea Fury kit, it is a poor copy of the HobbyCraft offering,

They seem to have copied a lot of Hobbycraft kits. I've noticed theyhave the Ju-88 in their listings, knwing what a god-awful kit the Hobbycraft version is, I wonder how much worse Kitech could make it?

Cheers,

Bill.

Just had a KiTech Avro Arrow arrive today. It's exactly the same as the 20 Hobbycraft examples Hannants sent me last week, even down to the word 'Hobbycraft' on the sprue header.

Hi All,

Zengdefu, Kitech are the same company, and as you have said they make copies of Hobbycraft, Hasegawa, Italeri etc.. normally they are bad copies with bad plastic and dreadful canopies, but you may get the odd good one amoungst them. they used to be sold in Wilkjinsons (Wilko) in certain parts of the UK for about £1.50 a pop. These are of course un-licensed copies they simply buy a kit, copy it to make a mould and then sell it under either the zengdefu or kitech name.

Doug.