Hobbyboss Tornado - IT IS here

Matt Roberts

Dummy pod,the Tornado is restricted not to fly with empty outer pylons now,the pod is a life ex ballast.That pylon is only wiredfor Skyshadow.

Are the pylons not wired for ALARM as well? I've seen several photos of both RAF and RSAF Tornados flying with ALARM on the inboard wing pylons in place of AIM-9L, although in all cases they were inert rounds rather than live ones.

They are also wired for the BOL-IR launch rail as well as the LAU-7/A, and I believe a few test flights have been flown with ASRAAM although I don't think it is in service yet (unless the RAF have done a SEM for it).

Are the pylons not wired for ALARM as well? I've seen several photos of both RAF and RSAF Tornados flying with ALARM on the inboard wing pylons in place of AIM-9L, although in all cases they were inert rounds rather than live ones.

They are also wired for the BOL-IR launch rail as well as the LAU-7/A, and I believe a few test flights have been flown with ASRAAM although I don't think it is in service yet (unless the RAF have done a SEM for it).

Outer wing pylons Bobski...Outer....Not the inner pylons.The inner ones are wired for ALARM ect. :rolleyes:

Is it me or does that 12sqn bird's anny scheme look cr@p & unfinished?

I thought the same when it first came out.

Another scheme which looked unfinished to me was the 14 sqn blue tailed jet, I think they should of painted the spine and canopy the same blue as the fin.

Out of the Anni jets, I think 31sqn "Goldstars" did the best effort.

Shaun.

Has anyone noticed that the lowered flaps are pure fantasy yet? Good news is that with a little fettling they fit pretty well in the raised position. Up to now I am happy with this kit, a much prettier kit than the alternative.

The instructions are very vague for the position of the lowered flaps.

I think you will have to use photographs to arrange them correctly and then decide what position to attach them in.

These photo's show the flaps at both the full landing and the take off position.

The kits flaps are also missing the fingers that cover the rails that the flap slids down.

Take off setting

DSC_3905ZA543.jpg

Landing position

DSC_3831ZA595.jpg

Kits flaps

20091224170128.jpg

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

I think you will have to use photographs to arrange them correctly and then decide what position to attach them in.

I may try a dry fit latter with my kit.

Shaun.

This is Coolt's build on ARC...

http://www.arcforums.com/

20091224170128.jpg

You can clearly see the curve on the tailplanes & the burner cans dont look right to me,the detail ribs look too shallow.

The kits flaps are also missing the fingers that cover the rails that the flap slids down

Shaun.

Has anyone tried the Paragon flaps for size on the Hobby Boss wing?

Shaun.