BAE Systems Harrier GR.7A

Just putting the finishing touches to this one now, including sorting the original canopy (found taped to underside of my spray sponge :shrug:) so should some final pics up in due course.

Totally obvious place to keep it. I'm surprised you didn't think of it earlier :analintruder: .

Looking very good Shaun. The dirt underneath looks very good, even more so when you consider it's teeny weeny scale.

Mucho impressed.

richc :frantic:

It's occurred to me looking through the recent Harrier threads that I've completely overlooked the ECM and Chaff/Flare fairings. Bit annoying really, but I think the build is too far gone now for me to add them, so we'll just have to pretend they're really there :whistle:

That's one of the disappointments of the Hasegawa kits when it come to trying to make an RAF bird - Airfix on the other hand moulded them on but have to be removed for the AV-8B variants.

Cheers Rich :thumbsup2:

Jonathan, you're dead right about the missing RAF fairings, though I'd put it on a par with the airbrake moulded closed. It would make much more sense for Hase to have included them as Airfix did- much easier to sand them off then scratch them on :hmmm: Oh well, it's a lesson learned for the other kits in the stash.

RFI thread can now be found here :)

Great result, Shaun.

It's really turned out very well. Glad to hear that you didn't have to pilfer another canopy and go through the associated rigmarole of preparing it for painting.

Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding the front starboard panel, I've used this picture for reference. I did think it odd that the change in colour did not follow the panel lines, but went with it anyway.

I finally worked out what this is Shaun: it's where they've overpainted the previously applied pilot name. :)