The Skoda

Stevieboy

reji2428_med.jpg

This is a pic of the box of the fabulous ""Red Phantom"" that was rallied in the 70's I like the look of it and as soon as I get my ***ding camera going I will take some pics of the bits.

PS anyone know the best hammer to use on an 18 month old Panasonic Lumix digital slr camera. :angrysoapbox.sml:

Have fun and lets get going :analintruder: THIS IS MY 400TH POST -FLIPPIN' ECK :bounce:

Stevieboy

ffre.jpg

flashree.jpg

Thest 2 show how close Skoda came to my finished model

flashfree001.jpg

flashfree002.jpgflashfree003.jpg

these 3 show the now very cleaned up body, the next one shows the inside of the roof -BOY!! did I have fun

flashfree004.jpg

flashfree005.jpg

this shows the rest still being washed in pink fairy-no comments please

Edited by Stevieboy

Ian,

It is now taking pics but they are all black even with the flash on (Oh & the lens cap off!!) we have changed the memory card in case it was that but to no avail :bangin:

Steve

Ian,

It is now taking pics but they are all black even with the flash on (Oh & the lens cap off!!) we have changed the memory card in case it was that but to no avail :bangin:

Steve

You haven't got it set to night mode have you Steve......... :whistle::P:D

Keef

Ian,

Steve

Sounds like the shutter could be stuck.

OKAY Guys,

The panic is over!!!!!

I have managed to sorta get the thing working and we got 3 pics before I had, had enough of it?

Here are some pics of the obligatory bits in the bags and a couple of the body

229.jpg

230.jpg

Rough I know but surely that is all part of the fun

231.jpg

232.jpg

The inside is worse than the outside but I am looking forward to this,I'm just going to do some googling to see if I can find some ref pics and I'll be back

Blimey that didn't take long look what I just found in seconds

Skoda130rs_LORD_009.jpg

Skoda130rs_LORD_012.jpg

Skoda130rs_LORD_020.jpg

Needed the interior shot more than anything as there is no colour call out on the instructions other than the body is red

Gonna check a website given by Reji www.kitcarsweb.com

Steve

Rough? That bodyshell is like a Tamiya kit compared to Reji's earlier efforts - like the Sport quattro & Octavia WRC !! I put in about 3 weeks work trying to clean up the quattro & am still nowhere near finished with the thing!!

Kitcarsweb is a great site, must admit I'd forgotten all about it. Shall have to have a look at what's new on there when I get 5 mins.

Looking forward to this one Steve, it's a brilliant looking car!

Keef

Oh! I forgot to mention I doubt if much will get done this week or next as we off on our olies

Oh! I forgot to mention I doubt if much will get done this week or next as we off on our olies

That's no excuse, if livesteamer can get away with taking his build on his jollies, I'm sure we can all make the effort :whistle:

Nice start by the way

Regards Ian D

Rallychef Posted Yesterday, 04:16 PM

That's no excuse, if livesteamer can get away with taking his build on his jollies, I'm sure we can all make the effort

Yeah, the jammy git!!! I was talking to him about that at the recent IPMS Avon show.

I asked him how he got away with it. Simple he said just assert your authority, learn to duck swiftly & be nimble on your feet.

All joking apart I know his Misses really well, she’s a little darling & doesn’t mind that Jerry models on their holl’s. Jammy git!!!

That’s a very nice kit Steve. I didn’t know the Skoda had been kitted.

Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

Dazie.

I only found the kit by chance whilst looking for something completly different and by all accounts got the last one, Reji did another version as well which I found on a few forums whilst researching this one.

I'll give a quick update parts of the rollcage broke whilst I was trying to clean them up and have decided to part scratchbuild it and the front spot/fog light bar also broke which wasn't a surprise as it was way to thin so I think that will have to be redone as well, but have I had fun researching this 1 day last week I spent an hour & half going through tons of stuff and got so carried away I almost bought a road version !!

I will see what else I can do before we go in approx 46hours twenty minutes :analintruder:

Am watching this build with interest.

I was going to stock Reji models a few years ago.

Their resin quality used to be poor, glad I tested out the customer service side first.

The one you have looks really good in comparison, I'll be interested in seeing how the decals go on....