Luftwaffe mechanics and pilots

Antoine

As I'm planning a little diorama with the D-520 and the citroën, I've thought that a few figs would be a welcome addition.

Here they are.

figluf10.jpg

ICM box. As it's a first try for me, no need to start with expensive resin figs at the moment.

figluf11.jpg

I've picked three from the box.

A Pilot, a mechanic helping to put on the parachute, and another working with a screwdriver.

figluf12.jpg

Here is Helmut, wannabe fighter pilot, at the moment flying the D520 before going on to the 109, or maybe the 190?

figluf13.jpg

This is Gunther, an old aircraft captain, on leave from the Eastern front.

figluf14.jpg

And Wolfgang, a newbie warte.

:)

It seems that he was watching TV...

Do you believe that???

:rolleyes:

Do you????? :fraidnot:

Just came across this on another thread

I came in from the workshop sometime this afternoon & sat with the dogs for 10 minutes while I drank a cuppa, so naturally flicked through all the channels that Freeview has to offer. By the time I'd looped back to the starting channel - a 20+ channel hop, I was very glad I had something interesting to do with my Sunday afternoon. The content available was utter tosh, consisting mainly of gameshows, reality TV (car crash TV every one of them), and crappy bought in tat from 20 years ago.

I'm sure I could actually feel those programmes sucking my IQ down as I flicked past them, so I switched off & went back to the workshop. I have to be careful it doesn't dip into single figures :fool:

It's days like today that makes me wonder why I pay my license fee...

Say no more. :hmmm:

Edited by T-Tango

• 3 months later...

Antoine, I have been collecting & painting 1/48th figures for many years now, & enjoy doing it very much. There is a very good article on painting 1/48th figures at www.romseymodellers.co.uk in the tips section. It is by Pat Camp, with both text & step by step photos. In my humble opinion it is the best consice article on this much neglected part of our hobby. Carl T :hobbyhorse::speak_cool:

Have you seen this?

header_32547.jpg

Tamiya's field maintenance set in 1/48. Not sure how differently Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe mechanics dressed but I plan on using a few on some planned dioramas. Note the tool boxes, oil cans and other accessories. The crewmen tossing about the 88 shells could just as easily be removing MG 131s for cleaning.

Ed

Thanks, I didn't saw it before.

Yes, it could be an interesting set for some luft dio, but only for the tools/table/box, as ground crew uniform are quite different.

But still, if you paint them black, and avoid a close look afterward, it would do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Tarmac Figures out of Paris, France have the best 1/48th scale resin figures available. I say this advisedly, but I have over the years collected somewhere in the vicinity of 500 plastic, resin & white metal 1/48th scale pilots & ground crew figures. The Tarmac figures ( I have 42 of them ) are multi - part assemblies that are keyed and can only be assembled in one position. The clothing looks like just that, the folds do not look as if they were made as an afterthought. There are 2 or 3 that might interest you. One is a ground crewman washing down a plane with a broom. & another is scoocking down with a map or magazine over his knee that is really superb. You might take a look. I highly recomend these figures, forwhatever that is worth. Carl T :speak_cool: