Dawlish Airshow 2009

Seamus

Evening all

Spent a thoroughly enjoyable day down in Devon for the Dawlish airshow. Having attended for the first time last year, we returned to 'the hill' for this years show, this time with a camera in tow. For those who don't know, the hill offers a superb vantage point, directly in line with the display line, which, along with the beautiful backdrop, results in some superb photographic opportunities, with the aircraft at times as low as 50 feet directly overhead- today's Hunter display involved a high speed pass that nearly took our heads off! :D A fantastic and unique airshow, which I'd highly recommend. Here's a few of my efforts from the day

Dawlish_1.jpg

Dawlish_10.jpg

Dawlish_11.jpg

Dawlish_3.jpg

Dawlish_2.jpg

Dawlish_16.jpg

Dawlish_15.jpg

Dawlish_14.jpg

Dawlish_13.jpg

Dawlish_12.jpg

Dawlish_4.jpg

Dawlish_5.jpg

Dawlish_8.jpg

Dawlish_9.jpg

Dawlish_17.jpg

I struggled with the camera at times, but all in all relatively happy with he results. The undoubted moment of the day was the Vulcan in formation with the reds- just beautiful :wub:

Hope you like, all comments welcomed as ever

Cheers

Shaun :)

Some really nice work with the camera there!! My fave of those has to be the Vulcan banking with the 4 hawks behind it... you could pass that one off as an air to air shot!

Once again I have missed this show... I have meant to come and take a look for the last 2 years now! Next year is a must for the photo opportunites there.

Karl.

Brilliant top side shot of the Red's Hawk! Of all the airshows in the UK I'd love to see this one, every picture I've seen taken here is truly superb and your's just back this up again.

Superb,

Rgds,

Eng

Thanks very much for the kind comments peeps, much appreciated.

Karl, I'd say you should definitely try and get down there next year, you won't be disappointed ;)

Any more to a looksee at?

Ask and ye shall receive :)

First a few of the Hunter for Oz. Most of these are heavy crops as he was quite distant at times, so not the best quality. When he did come close, he was too low and fast for me to get a shot of him! Great stuff :D

Dawlish_25.jpg

Dawlish_33.jpg

Dawlish_53.jpg

And a few more from the other aircraft on show

Dawlish_37.jpg

Dawlish_38.jpg

Dawlish_39.jpg

Dawlish_41.jpg

Dawlish_45.jpg

Dawlish_49.jpg

Dawlish_19.jpg

Dawlish_20.jpg

Dawlish_22.jpg

Dawlish_23.jpg

Dawlish_24.jpg

Dawlish_26.jpg

Dawlish_27.jpg

Dawlish_29.jpg

Dawlish_31.jpg

Edited by Seamus

Thanks Rich ^_^

The Wasp really is a photogenic little aircraft. On it's arrival, it came up to the hill and posed for the photographers, sitting nice and close in the hover below our height (as shown in the first of shot). It would be almost impossible to have got a bad shot of it! The display itself was far too distant for most people to get a shot of it (unless you happen to have a camera akin to a telescope, as some people there did!) so the pose was very much welcomed, as was the flypast at the end of the display just for us, which was when the banking shot was taken :)

Thanks again

Shaun :)