Airfix 1:72 Canberra PR.9

Mish, I think she looks rather tasty myself! The overall silver is quite sporty looking (I guess thats how it got the name "High Speed Silver"!!).

I'm just off to do my seat and pilot before putting the lid on it for painting.

Keep up the good work......lookin good.

Rgds,

Eng

I'm still torn over what colour to do mine, but I think you've convinced me that silver with type D roundels will look the biz now. Besides which, I've got a brand new tin of Xtracolor High Speed Silver that is just itching to explode in my face!

Thanks Mish, duly noted. I know what you mean about HSS. When I was a child my parents took me to the RAF museum at Hendon. In the guide book (which I still have) was a photo of 3 HSS Canberra B.2s flying in formation (WH924, WH922 and one other that I can't make out). Since then I've been itching to do a B.2 in this scheme... and Airfix won't make one - grrrr!

B2s.jpg

Edited by Paul A H

I believe Airfix are planning to release a 1:72 version of the B2. I have their 1:48 offering wich I'm going to be doing in HSS can't remember the sqadron but they were based at RAF Upwood.

Let's hope they do! In the meantime I bought my PR.9 at lunchtime... looks even better in the plastic!

If you do the early one Paul in case you don't know you'll need the camera bay with the most windows, no 'bullet' on the tail and the largest 'full size' tail cone.

For me all Canberras should be HSS

Thanks for the tips Mish :cheers:

Still not happy....

Can you see the sink marks on the lower wing? I could fill them but as they are underneath...

But I just looked at the Canberra and I don't like the upper fuselage so I've rubbed the 'spine' down again and started correcting the error.

More later...

It'll look good when done-you don't see many early PR.9s

Van

Edited by Van

Good work so far. However, I think that NMF looks too grainy for the scale - have you tried Halford's Gloss Aluminium? I always use that for NMF finishes.

It's not NMF, High Speed Silver (HSS) was a sprayed finish. I'm quite happy with the colour and the texture. It looks about right too me.

Little bit done today, after putting a coat of Klear/Future on last night I put the Rudder, Ailerons and Elevators on and started on the decals. I've started with the wing roundels as I need them to settle over the vortex generators, so lots of microsol is being applied.

DSCF2676.jpg

More later...

Hi Mish,

Looks even better now that decals are going on. When I finally get mine and and (if) it gets to the decalling stage, I may rue the presence of those vortex generators! You seemed to have tamed yours; may be hope for me yet.

Look forward to seeing more of your progress.

Andrew.