1/48 British Phantom decals

turnerdad

Hi all, my bro wants to build a 1/48 RAF Phantom using my Hasegawa kit, but as usual the kit decals are unuseable and there doesn't seem to be much listed with Hannants and some other sites. He's now got the Airdoc stencil set, and I'm tempted to get the Hobbydecal stencil set too, but he preferably wants 74 Sqn markings (one of his old squadrons), so has anyone got any decent decals for this (or any RAF Phantom squadrons for that matter), and would you be willing to sell them?

Thanks.

Edited by turnerdad

Hi all, my bro wants to build a 1/48 RAF Phantom using my Hasegawa kit, but as usual the kit decals are unuseable and there doesn't seem to be much listed with Hannants and some other sites. He's now got the Airdoc stencil set, and I'm tempted to get the Hobbydecal stencil set too, but he preferably wants 74 Sqn markings (one of his old squadrons), so has anyone got any decent decals for this (or any RAF Phantom squadrons for that matter), and would you be willing to sell them?

Thanks.

74 Sqn 1/48th decals are like gold dust.

The best have been the Yellowhammer set, but these are hard to find or expencive on e-bay.

The Italeri F-4J kit has nicely printed set of 74 Sqn markings in the box but the Tigers head is printed in yellow!, not the orange or brown on the real aircraft.

Shaun.

74 Sqn 1/48th decals are like gold dust.

The best have been the Yellowhammer set, but these are hard to find or expencive on e-bay.

The Italeri F-4J kit has nicely printed set of 74 Sqn markings in the box but the Tigers head is printed in yellow!, not the orange or brown on the real aircraft.

Shaun.

Sadly, shaun is bang on the money. 74 Sqn stuff is as rare a rocking horse do do, to find! In fact so much so I bought the Hasegawa 74 sqn phantom kit just to get the decals for that option for my phantom builds.

Although there are a number of good sheets about for the phantom, there are some cheaper ones out there well worth a look at. ie Relish has these two

http://www.relishmodels.co.uk/aeromaster-s...oms-part-2.html

http://www.relishmodels.co.uk/almark-1-48-...k-2-decals.html

and there both at a price that not going to hurt buy them.

hope this helps

Dave

Edited by zero

Hi,

There is this sheet here but you or a colleague will have to print them out on to decal paper.

Robert

Nice link!, thats a wonderfull selection of markings.

Next question- I don't have a printer suitable for printing decals, anyone fancy doing a sheet for a small fee? :pray:

Shaun.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it is worth....

I have just found the remnants of a Super Scale sheet in 1/48 that has some codes and serials left on it, white serials and black/yellow, black/white codes, enough to spell TIGER SQN.

No Sqn crests or badges unfortunately, although I do have same sheet in 1/72.

If you want, email me at,

[email protected]

Colin