AnonymousDFB1

Morris Mini Cooper 1276S

'67 Monte Carlo rally winner

LBL6D_67sign.jpg

Finally picked up the Mini from Stevieboy SNC Models, thanks Steve

Will be starting this one soon.

The obligatory box and sprue shot

DSCF2614.jpg

and I will be adding an nice little distributor and leads agan from Steve at SNC Models.

DSCF2615.jpg

More soon...

Edited by Mish

Hi Mish, welcome aboard, another iconic rally car, without which this build would not be complete, I now also have the complete kit in my stash ,thanks to steve supplying me with a spare roof.

look forward to your progress reports

regards Ian D

Four leads on the Mini, and I read the Monte Carlo team used marigold gloves over the distributor cap to keep the moisture out!

Apologies for the small hijack ...

The marigold glove trick is well known & used with off-roaders. There's a particularly kinky looking rubber cover available for the V8 engines ... http://www.steveparkers.co.uk/prodimages/b...13b93b0e04f1cf4

Knocks the socks of your average french tickler ;-)

Four leads on the Mini, ...

The fifth is to the coil!

and I read the Monte Carlo team used marigold gloves over the distributor cap to keep the moisture out!

Road rally guys use Tesco (other supermarkets are available!) carrier bags stuck in front of the rad to stop any water coming in & causing the little bricks to drown out!

I now also have the complete kit in my stash ,thanks to steve supplying me with a spare roof.

regards Ian D

That's good - I was looking at the weekend to see whether I could resin cast one for you !

Keef

Edited by keefr22

LBL6D_67sign.jpg

Not started on the build yet but done a bit of research. Found a few photos and a little bit of background about the rally.

LBL6D_67_montesnow.jpg

Mini-at-the-Monte-Carlo-Rally-19-2.jpg

Mini-at-the-Monte-Carlo-Rally-19-1.jpg

Mini-at-the-Monte-Carlo-Rally-1967-.jpg

LBL 6D - The 1967 winner

The Mini Coopers were back in the 1967 Monte Carlo Rally, the Three Musketeers Aaltonen, Hopkirk and Mäkinen being joined by Simo Lampinen and Tony Fall. Entering the event with starter number 177, Rauno Aaltonen/Henry Liddon finally ended up in first place, 12 seconds faster than the Lancia finishing second. All other Mini Coopers likewise saw the chequered flag, Hopkirk finishing 6th, Fall 10th, Lampinen 15th, and Mäkinen 41st.

Hi Guys,

Firstly im glad I could help,Mish that is a nice little kit, but below is a pic of the Skoda I'll be doing

sjoda.jpg

The kit is Reji and once my camera decides to work or I replace it I will post more pics

Stevieboy

The fifth is to the coil!

my mistake! I was thinking of the four leads tat clip onto the spark plugs, shows how much I know about Minis! :wacko:

Those are great pics, Mish. Do Mini's ever stop being cool?

(unless BMW make them).

my mistake! I was thinking of the four leads tat clip onto the spark plugs, shows how much I know about Minis! :wacko:

5 leads on any four cylinder car Jonathan....!!! ;):P:D

Do Mini's ever stop being cool?

Nope, that's impossible!! B)

(unless BMW make them).

Although there is that of course!! :lol:

Keef

Edited by keefr22

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mish

I went to Gaydon earlier this week and thought you may find these of interest....

0909090080.jpg

0909090085.jpg

0909090091.jpg

0909090084.jpg

0909090086.jpg

0909090082.jpg

0909090087.jpg

Where the rear seat has been rasied, there are two spares sitting in the 'well' under the seat. As you can see the kit roof rack is not in place, but you get the general feel

0909090081.jpg

Rich

Edited by ptcruiser