Airfix Replacement Parts Service

Mandrake

Have just come home with the new Airfix 1/72 Spitfire PR Mk XIX and the canopy appears to have some excess moulding on it which looks rather tricky to remove.

Had great experience back in the day with the old airfix parts replacement serivce (fill in the in-box slip and off you go) but now Airfix is under Hornby management I'm unsure wether this service still exists and I can't find any reference to it on thier website. Has anyone had any recent experience of getting replacement parts from Airfix and if so can they please direct me as to the correct method of how to do so?

Many thanks,

Joe

Have just come home with the new Airfix 1/72 Spitfire PR Mk XIX and the canopy appears to have some excess moulding on it which looks rather tricky to remove.

Had great experience back in the day with the old airfix parts replacement serivce (fill in the in-box slip and off you go) but now Airfix is under Hornby management I'm unsure wether this service still exists and I can't find any reference to it on thier website. Has anyone had any recent experience of getting replacement parts from Airfix and if so can they please direct me as to the correct method of how to do so?

Many thanks,

Joe

it still exists and still as good i send emails via their contact on the airfix website but there should also be a parts slip in the kit .

i have used the new hornby management twice now for parts and can't fault them , their customer care is seccond to none !!

• 7 months later...

Can you get replacement parts if you lose one, and will Airfix ship them to this side of The Pond? I picked up the new Mk.IX over the weekend, and have already managed to misplace an upper wing. I was staying with a friend, and couldn't resist indulging in a bit of dry-fitting..I'm hoping the part is just lurking in the cushions of his couch.

SN