KUTA II GB

Okay what does everyone think of having a KUTA II GB?

For those that don't remember Karl's (dswoofie) idea from last year this is a Kick Up The bottom GB a chance to finish all those stalled builds. This was very popular last year.

It would be, like last year, timed to start after Telford and run through the Xmas and New Years holidays.

Over to you guys, do ya want it, and if so who wants to host it?

I've got a couple of things that need finishing off. Namely my Dynavector Wyvern, and Falcon MB-5... both stalled just before paint due to inconsequential nothingnesses :blush:

Where to start with the possible candidates! :yikes::banghead:

off the top of me head:

Gazelle

Harrier GR1

Sea Harrier 1

F-104A

DH Hornet F1

Hunter F6 or could be FG9 so long ago now i forget which

Draken x2 (Airfix & Revell)

Sea Typhoon Wot if

+ a few more barely started

all 1/72

1/48 Airfix Corsair

1/600 ships

HMS Daring

HMS Victorious

might be possible to finish one or two along side the Gulf War GB

Edit: the timing could prove tricky for me :doh:

Edited by walrus

Well compared to Walrus, I am a "completist", I have only 3 stalled kits: the Letov and P39 mentioned in my signature, plus a PAK75 anti tank gun. I've been meaning to do a small diorama with it, but need a KUTA.

So it would come in useful.

Edited by Maxidad

I've got an old half finished Revell 1/32 Me109G growling at me from the top shelf, you know the old dark green plastic one. Bought the Eduard Interior and Exterior sets, then realised where the saying about 'silk purses out of sows ears' came from. Got some nice Eagle Strike decals for it too, which it would be nice to actually get onto the aircraft one day.

This was the only finished GB on my part so far, so check my signature and count me in, I'll certainly have something (Heard about a Jaguar, but i'm not sure).

Could be me, but I don't really remember to have heard the bell ring at the end of the GB last year.

Maybe because we were on holidays (Xmas/new year)??

Yeah, I'm in, but kinda spoiled or choice! There is the Tamiya Mustang I wanted to finish for the D-Day GB, thats still in need of a lot of fettling, an Airfix Spit 22 that I squeezed all of Roy Sutherlands resin into... Um, oh yeah! A Tamiya Beaufighter Mk.I conversion thats been on my bench since 1999! And a few others mouldering away in boxes that really need to get sorted out and on the shelf.

So yeah, I'll give it a go, whats the worst that can happen!

Great idea! I'm in.

How about the 1/20 Tamiya Williams FW07 I started for the World Motor Sport GB and then didn't finish for KUTA I ? :)

Phil

It would be a good excuse to restart the Airfix Thunderchief and Revell DC 6 I have on my shelf, but you'll have to excuse my lack of modelling skills. Haven't had much modelling practise, so my contribution is going to be really bad compared to the great work done here, but I'd like to post one of my finished builds here, as none of my models are due for production till 2014.......at the earliest!! :analintruder:

Edited by NAKAJIMA15

The main problem I have with GB's I start then quickly lose interest. :fraidnot:

A simple solution for you... DON'T lose interest. Then you'll finish your entry :smartass:

It would be a good excuse to restart the Airfix Thunderchief and Revell DC 4 I have on my shelf, but you'll have to excuse my lack of modelling skills. Haven't had much modelling practise, so my contribution is going to be really bad compared to the great work done here, but I'd like to post one of my finished builds here, as none of my models are due for production till 2014.......at the earliest!! :analintruder:

Good thinking. I should have said that my current project has just been cancelled and summarily scrapped by order of the Air Ministry. I will be able to put on show, in future, certain small parts of the airframe. I may try it again but if I do, it may end up as a target on a local firing range. Perhaps we could have the Duncan Sandys Memorial GB for cancelled, strangled or stillborn aircraft projects? It could include anything from, I dunno, TSR 2 through Avro's Arrow to the A-12 Avenger and the F-35 ;)

Just a thought.

Phil.

Count me in for this one. I've got loads to choose from.

Let's see...

GT40 from the Motorsport GB,

Hasegawa Jag from the Jaguar GB,

a Hobbycraft Hispano from the BoB GB which needs the wings stripping and repainting,

an Airfix Lanc project, which I've been working on (on and off) for most of this year, which stalled when it came time to clean up all the seams around the engines, :puke:

a Revell Dak which was started earlier this year,

a couple of Revell Hunters,

a Tamiya P-51B and an AMT P-40N which have been sat around for gawd knows how many years, :shrug:

a Tamiya Skyraider,

a Monogram 1970 Trans-am (like this)

blah blah blah, the list goes on... :blah:

Yep, definitely in for this.

I gotta get something finished, for the sake of my sanity. :fraidnot: