Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

Here goes with my entry. I made a start tonight on her with lots of sanding to get the nose part to fit. First off some photos of the Alley Cat parts if you have not seen them before:

dsc7480b.jpg

dsc7481i.jpg

The resin is almost perfect, i can only find one small air hole on the bottom of one wing tank.

And the kit:

dsc7482n.jpg

And then my progress so far:

dsc7483i.jpg

dsc7484e.jpg

As for the colur scheme i cant decide between the white and black scheme or the Red, white an blue scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few fit problems with the PR9, none that i was not expecting. These where not helped by me filing out the locating pips in the nose to fit the resin nose.

dsc7485.jpg

dsc7486j.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ollie,

Only just looked at this and hate too say it but the nose side window posn is too high on the Airfix kit.

It should be below the engraved (trench) line.

Easy to solve by drilling out and shaping and fill with Krystal Clear after having filling and sanding the glazing you have already fitted.

Thinking of gettting this set myself.

Can also reccomend the Cammett replacement Rudder. See Relish models Graham is very helpful.

Also;

1. Sbd Engine oblong vent needs filling in and moving to the outer side in the same position.

2. Outer flap section Step 31 Items 41C & 42C need a 1mm wide strip adding to the upper surface full width.

Corresponding upper wing section needs a 1mm removing.

3. Add Actuator housing to the port side fin.

4. Wing items 11 & 31 need Slot and hole adding before gluing wings together. Check refs to see what I mean.

5. Step 9 Use J8 NOT 34C

6. Step 10 Use J9 NOT 36C

Theres one or two more but will have to check.

Adrian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought something might be up with that window. To be honest though for this one i dont want to spend ages correcting all the errors. Im not looking for 100% accuracy on this one. Im sure i will build another PR9 and i can then go to town correcting things.

Thank you though for pointing out the errors in the instructions, i will note them and make sure i use the right parts.

Edited by ollieholmes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Ollie,

Only just looked at this and hate too say it but the nose side window posn is too high on the Airfix kit.

It should be below the engraved (trench) line.

Easy to solve by drilling out and shaping and fill with Krystal Clear after having filling and sanding the glazing you have already fitted.

Thinking of gettting this set myself.

Can also reccomend the Cammett replacement Rudder. See Relish models Graham is very helpful.

Also;

1. Sbd Engine oblong vent needs filling in and moving to the outer side in the same position.

2. Outer flap section Step 31 Items 41C & 42C need a 1mm wide strip adding to the upper surface full width.

Corresponding upper wing section needs a 1mm removing.

3. Add Actuator housing to the port side fin.

4. Wing items 11 & 31 need Slot and hole adding before gluing wings together. Check refs to see what I mean.

5. Step 9 Use J8 NOT 34C

6. Step 10 Use J9 NOT 36C

Theres one or two more but will have to check.

Adrian

Adrian

I agree that the nav's window on the Airfix kit is too high but according to the pictures and drawings in the recently published Aeroguide the panel line cuts through the window. Nightmare!

Tony :clif:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work so far Ollie!

Cheers,

Håkan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ollie,

Looking rather nice so far :thumbsup2: Ali has done a smashing job on his nose sections. Re bomb bay, I will have a look through my refs and see what I have, drop me a PM with your email addy and I should have my broadband back over the weekend, and I can then upload my files again as Im sharing Lou's lappy at the mo :crying:

ATB

Bexy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive sprayed the white on from a rattle can and im please with how its gone. Next step is to mask it up and spray the red and blue.

Bex,

Thank you for the offer but in the end i decided to stick a bomb bay in and just hope that its right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next lot of progress on the SC9. Its now had 3 coats of white from a rattle can and is ready for the other colours.

dsc8714.jpg

My appologies for the visitor in the corner, he is another work in progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good Ollie! Love to see it painted!

Cheers,

Håkan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive made a bit more progress with the SC9. Ive now masked up most of the red and painted it with 2 coats off Citadael Blood Red, next job is to take the masking off and mask up the last of the red. Then its onto the blue:

dsc8715.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Keep it up! :)

Cheers,

Håkan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work Ollie, and congrats to the finished build!

Cheers,

Håkan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...