RAAF (GAF) Lincoln decals

nimrod77

I have a set and can recommend them, excellent sheet with soooo many options I already need another Lincoln conversion!

Nick Dixon

Hello

This is the main trouble for me as where to find any conversion set nowadays.

Patrick

Hello

This is the main trouble for me as where to find any conversion set nowadays.

Patrick

Neil of Paragon frequents this site I believe he could help. Additionally there is the Flight Path conversion which includes unshrouded exhausts

Nick

Are these the same as the Novascale sheets that are available on Ebay?

Yes indeed the very same

I am glad that you like them :)

Very pleased with them Nathan, I still have a book I need to send you.

Neil of Paragon frequents this site I believe he could help.

Yes, last year Neil told me : "Item 72051 will be reissued again, but at the moment I could not give an exact time/date I am afraid."

So I am looking forward.

Patrick

I have a set and can recommend them, excellent sheet with soooo many options I already need another Lincoln conversion!

Nick Dixon

I have the 1/72 set as well, I only have one issue with them. The blue on the roundels looks too light. I am not fussed as I can use my kit roundels for them. I sent an email to Aussie Decals (who Nathan got to print them) but heard nothing back from them. Otherwise detail and quality is nice.

I was looking for the decals on the Aussie decals site but couldn't see them, anyone got a link they can put up? Lincoln related but not decals, I see that Red Roo has the shrouded exhaust engine nacelles back on their site, they well answer the issues the link from Nimrod77 had with the paragon engine fronts. Unshrouded Shrouded

Edited by stevehnz

I was looking for the decals on the Aussie decals site but couldn't see them, anyone got a link they can put up? Lincoln related but not decals, I see that Red Roo has the shrouded exhaust engine nacelles back on their site, they well answer the issues the link from Nimrod77 had with the paragon engine fronts. Unshrouded Shrouded

Thats certainly new. They weren't there when I did the review on the Paragon stuff. They do look better around the radiator intake, not sure about the carburetor intake though... I would like to see a set in the flesh.

I have just ordered Flightpaths engines too. I will get some pics up once I have them :)

I was looking for the decals on the Aussie decals site but couldn't see them, anyone got a link they can put up?

Try here for the decals, or e-mail Damian at Aussie decals direct.

Here's a scan of the front of the decals instruction sheet. Copyright of Aussie decals of course.

novalincoln.jpg

Edited by nimrod77

Thanks for that, probably won't go this way, such a huge expanse of natural metal, almost impossible to hide my clumsiness with that. It'll be either a 75 Sqadron in Tiger Force colours or maybe the prototype, I like yellow bellies.

Steve.