RAAF (GAF) Lincoln decals

nimrod77

Hi Guys,

I was looking into having some decals printed that I have designed for a GAF Lincoln. I posted over at AMI about them and have had quite a response.

There is a possibility of them being produced commercially.

Here's what they look like at the moment, more artwork is going to be on the final sheet.

]

So, I was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in a set or two?

To make it easier for all to respond to this poll (as there are some people interested who aren't on Britmoddeler) I have started a poll here.

Thanks,

Nimrod77

Edited by nimrod77

Me! Me! Me! I've several Lincolns and definitely want to build an Australian one. I'd definitely take a pair in 72nd.

Tiny suggestion. Could you add a few extra serials on the side? Say the ones for the two Lancasters that the RAAF received and the Sea Hornet that the RAN trialed? The lformer was in the old Matchbox kit but their decals were a bit iffy at times

Edited by The wooksta V2.0

Hi Nimrod,

I'd like to be on the list for two sheets. This bird has been a long time favorite ever since I read an IPMS USA reprint of an Ausie article on combining the Frog Shackleton with an Airfix Lancaster to create a Lincoln. Many thanx for this offer and I look forward to hearing more if and when they're ready. Any chance you could add a pair of 100 Sq RAF crests to the sheet so we could do an RAF out of Tengah as well?

Thanx and Cheers

Geoff Hays

Associate Editor

Aerospace Modeler Magazine

Hi Guys,

I was looking into having some decals printed that I have designed for a GAF Lincoln. I posted over at AMI about them and have had quite a response.

There is a possibility of them being produced commercially.

Here's what they look like at the moment, more artwork is going to be on the final sheet.

lincolnA73_low_res.jpg

So, I was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in a set or two?

To make it easier for all to respond to this poll (as there are some people interested who aren't on Britmoddeler) I have started a poll here.

Thanks,

Nimrod77

Yep, I'd definitely be interested in 2 sets. I have 3 conversion sets for the Lincoln. 1 for an RAF example and 1 each for the standard length nose and longer nose RAAF examples.

Hi guys,

Here's what I have done for Nyhuan's nose art...

Here's the real thing (well broken, but at least you can see the text clearly!)

000-109-250_00420A73-220AVRO20Linco.jpg

What do you all think? Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Cheers!

Edited by nimrod77

Here's the artwork for the nose art of A73-8 "Gundawara" of the RAAF School of Air Armament, RAAF East sale Circa 1947...

The real thing, crap photo but you can see the Pacific Theatre era Roundels...

A73_8_Gundawara_2.jpg

Once again,comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Cheers guys!

Edited by nimrod77

Will you be including the Pacific Theatre era roundels for "Gundawara"? If so, could you stick the serials for the two Lancasters that the RAAF had in Australia? They were in the old Matchbox kit but their decals were sometimes iffy.

Looks good so far. Definitely want a set or two!

Will you be including the Pacific Theatre era roundels for "Gundawara"? If so, could you stick the serials for the two Lancasters that the RAAF had in Australia? They were in the old Matchbox kit but their decals were sometimes iffy.

Looks good so far. Definitely want a set or two!

Yep, I will have to add them if you want to build Gundawara. I will still have to see about how I the printer wants to do them, might be a separate sheet depending on the sizes all up. Either way I am thinking of adding the 100 SQN RAF Crests.

As for A66-1 and A66-2, I could do A66-1 in natural metal without any problem but A66-2 is "G for George". George never wore pacific theatre roundels, she flew in Europe with 460 SQN RAAF. When she was imported to Australia she only flew Promotional flights for War Loans and was never re-painted.

There is already a sheet in the works for George on the way and the extra decals for that is over kill IMHO, but as long as your happy with "Queenie VI" in natural metal A66-1 decals would be easy enough.

HTH

Queenie in the natural metal would be great. I just thought that as conversions for Lincolns are pricey, the modeller might only build one or two options on the sheet. If you've an extra serial (I don't know of A66-1 wore anything else) on the sheet for a related subject, it may give it a bit more mileage and the value for money factor.

TBH, the opportunity for a dedicated Lincoln sheet is fantastic.

Here's where I am now. There may be more to come. Still doing some research and have some more reference items on the way from various resources to help me refine and polish what I have done here. I have to source a good 100SQN crest in high res (anyone?).

Cheers guys and thanks for your interest.

Edited by nimrod77

Looks fantabulous! Is there an address we can order from yet? Any tentative prices available?

Thanks Wooksta,

If I were to do an RAF sheet, what would you want on it? I believe that the codes and roundels are available from other manufacturers. Is there some thing that is not represented easily at the moment?

No prices yet but I will let you all know asap. I am having them manufactured by a local company here in Oz so they will be pro, not dodgy amateur stuff. Once he lets me know, I will let everyone else know.

Cheers.

Edited by nimrod77

Roundels are not a problem but the problem with RAF Lincolns is that getting the codes isdifficult - the only sheets which were right were the Modeldecal ones and apart from their non-availability, you tended to only get two of each letter/number, which meant that to do specific aircraft you needed FOUR sheets. And then there's the perenial bugbear of lining up all those fiddly numbers, which does tax a surprising number of modellers!

Offhand, the four aircraft I'd love to do would be:

RF386:DX-Y 57 Sqn (Tiger Force colours, grey sqn codes, white underwing codes, red serials)

FF513:KC-A 617 Sqn (wartime scheme, white sqn codes, white underwing codes, red serials)

RF514:LS-B of 15 Sqn (aircraft with bulged doors for Tall Boy/Grand Slam. wartime scheme, white sqn codes, white underwing codes, red serials)

RE367:FGAW Aries 3

No doubt others will have conflicting requests!

And thank you for taking the time to listen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Quick update for you all, these decals are going to be produced by Aussie decals in Australia. At this stage they will be screen printed so they should be excellent quality.

More info to come once I have it :)

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

I know that I haven't been here a dog Watch yet but I would definately be interested in a set for a Mk31.

If anyone has a nose extention for the Mk31?? I can make one but would rather have a resin or vacform one.

I am willing to pay for them too.

Dai

• 9 months later...

Hi all

Sorry it has been so long since I posted it if anyone is unaware the Lincoln decals from Aussie decals are out. Order direct from the manufacturer or you favorite hobby shop. Cheers!

Hi all

Sorry it has been so long since I posted it if anyone is unaware the Lincoln decals from Aussie decals are out. Order direct from the manufacturer or you favorite hobby shop. Cheers!

I have a set and can recommend them, excellent sheet with soooo many options I already need another Lincoln conversion!

Nick Dixon