Revell Junkers G-38

Diesel Gypsy

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd post this pic of my lastest Airliner. Its a nice kit, although a bit challenging (for a truck builder) in places. The main probs is getting tha decals to conform to the wriggly tin surface.

2007_0807Models0004.jpg

Hope you like it.

P. S.

I've just realised that I hav'nt put the decals on the upper wing surfaces, :doh:

Think I should stick to building trucks :undecided:

Edited by Diesel Donkey

I havnt seen this one before Dave, it looks really good!

Wayne

• 4 months later...

I've this kit under way and I am most definitely not looking forward to applying the kit decals, as they're the old style brittle ones. Still, needs must as the Devil drives, I'm hoping liberal application of Johnson's Klear will get the blighters to bed down.

Joseph

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd post this pic of my lastest Airliner. Its a nice kit, although a bit challenging (for a truck builder) in places. The main probs is getting tha decals to conform to the wriggly tin surface.

2007_0807Models0004.jpg

Hope you like it.

P. S.

I've just realised that I hav'nt put the decals on the upper wing surfaces, :doh:

Think I should stick to building trucks :undecided:

I built one of these when it fiirst came out, about 10 years ago. Painting the interior (which has comprehensive colour instructions, down to the different colours of seat cushions in 1st and 2nd class) was fun. Pity you can see hardly any of it on the completed model.

I used Halfords Nissan Silver for the natural metal bits. Over a couple of coats of Klear, and using Microsol and Microset, even the old-style decals settled down OK.

It was re-issued a year or so ago, so I've got one in my stash again. This time round, It has current-style Revell Germany decals, so I'm not anticipating problems. Also has extra decals for difficult-to-paint details which weren't there on the origianl decal sheet.May use Klear as the decal solvent this time, though. One point is that the re-issue was significantly cheaper than the original kit (£6.99 vs. £12.99?) Revell seem to do this quite often now. A lesson other manufacturers, one of whom in particular tends to increase prices when they re-issue kits, could usefully learn, perhaps?

• 4 weeks later...

This model has never been finished, like alot of my builds.

A freind popped in this mornin with a pressie, tiny little people.

2008_0124G380009.jpg

It's alway been my intention to place the G-38 on a scenic base.

With these little Guyz included it would give the aircraft a sence of proportion, I hope.

I Know N Guage is not exactly the same as 1:144th but it's close enough, isnt it ?

Comments please, I'm not good with aircraft.

Thanks everyone.

I'm still not sure if the scales are compatable.

How close is N scale & 1:144th ???

Will they work together or not.

bexwh773 Posted Dec 29 2007, 11:30 PM

Dave,

Looks good to me Ol' Bean, dump them Wheely thingys of your past and stick to Wingy Thingys

Bex

Well Flower.

Like most of us I started modelling by building aircraft when I was a kid.

Growing up close to Lulsgate airport in the `60s has left me with an indelible Fascination of the porpliners of that time.

I also realy, reeealy like WWII Italian aircraft. So I'm a bit of an aircraft nut too.

But I can't dump my trucks :wub: sorry Flower, no can do.

But I can flit between the two genera.

A fellow truck modeller tried to wind me up by calling me "Bi-plastic", does'nt bother me, I'm very happy being Bi.

Thanks everyone.

I'm still not sure if the scales are compatable.

How close is N scale & 1:144th ???

Will they work together or not.

Hi Dave...Yes, they're close enough to no difference. I am looking for something similar myself - but I need some N gauge naval/sailor figure for HMS Victory project I have in mind. Anyone know of such figures?

Your G-38 looks very good - I have one of the original releases, and I intend to make it one day, so your model can act as inspiration to me :winkgrin:

Cheers

Derek