Trumpeter Abrams M1A2 in 1/35 scale -Finished-

Doug Rogers

Here it is, looks like a fairly simple build but I'm hoping a little bit of fettling will bring it to life a bit more. I'm planning on adding a little PE, maybe a couple of Alpine Miniatures figures.

004-9.jpg

005-9.jpg

I was surprised at the size of the turret, about the same size as an M3 Stuart!

006-7.jpg

The kit 'rubber band' tracks don't look too bad actually so I'll probably run with those. The decals are less than comprehensive though, so I'll be looking for some AM decals.

007-9.jpg

Edited by Doug Rogers

Don't know a lot about it TBH Daz, I'm assuming it's not quite up to the Tamiya/Dragon sort of spec, but can be made into a passable rendition with a bit of TLC. Seeing as this is a long GB, I'll probably just keep adding stuff until you can't see the tank for stowage :lol:

Good choice Doug... as you said, it's not the best of the bunch, but you should be able to wrangle it into something fetching - especially with the addition of those Alpine Miniatures figures. They're little works of art :)

• 11 months later...

Just a quick update, got most of the chassis done, and most of the turret hardware.

Probably go with the kit crew in the end rather than the Alpine figures I was going to go with initially, spent this months modelling budget already! Oops!

004-13.jpg

Doing some more today. :thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more done over the last few days, got her 99% together and in primer. It certainly has presence! Tracks are together and painted black ready for weathering.

018-1.jpg

019-2.jpg

Taking it to the wire as usual, should finish off next week.

Edited by Doug Rogers

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here we are finished.

028-4.jpg

It's a pretty basic model compared to a Tamiya/Dragon kit, moulding a little 'soapy', but overall not bad for a shelf sitter.

More pics in the gallery in a minute. Hope you like it. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Doug Rogers