1/24 BAe 146/200 scratch build

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

nah, new house, kids and work slowing it down a bit. Should get it back form my moms soon. Im due to meet up with stringbag in the next week or so and he has some info on the main undercarrage that I need, then its a case of getting the parts I need.

nah, new house, kids and work slowing it down a bit. Should get it back form my moms soon. Im due to meet up with stringbag in the next week or so and he has some info on the main undercarrage that I need, then its a case of getting the parts I need.

Looking forward to more progress! I would also like to know some other things about scratchbuilding, especially how you put the wings on as its got to be fairly strong to support the weight, and also how to attach the tail. Ive decided to start work on the planned G10N1, which Ive given the appropriate name of "Project Z" over the summer holidays, but only to make some of the main parts and get in parts such as wheels for later.

• 2 weeks later...

^ What he said. I've been keeping an eye on this since you started. I'll never scratch build myself and civil jets are of no interest to me, but I find this build fascinating. Don't push it to the back burner for too long, please!

I promise to crack on when I get back off my hols. Im due to grab some info of Chris (stringbag) when I see him is a few weeks so that should get me going. Had some blokes in doing the central heatins so I grabed some tubes off them to use!

I promise to crack on when I get back off my hols. Im due to grab some info of Chris (stringbag) when I see him is a few weeks so that should get me going. Had some blokes in doing the central heatins so I grabed some tubes off them to use!

? The 146 didn't have central heating........ Seriously though, looking forward to seeing more too....

Edited by TonyT

• 1 month later...

Wow im no fan of airliners by any means but this is great top work

Russ

• 2 months later...

Blimey Rich, your holiday entitlement is impressive!! Either that or Chris is avoiding you?

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to catching up with your progress on this one. Fab model.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I hadn't see this thread until today - That's a massive piece of work which makes my 1/24th Buccaneer look modest! :o

Do keep it going and give us plenty of updates please - I do like a good scratch!