Vickers Viscount in 1/72 - Is there one? & DC-7

wkennerley

Hi All, does anyone make a 1/72 Vickers Viscount? I would like to add a Rhodesian Viscount to my collection of 1/72 aircraft. I have a Glencoe models 1/96 but would prefer 1/72 just not sure if there is one!! Also does anyone make a DC-7 and whats the difference between DC-6 and 7

Thanks

Wayne

AIM72/Rugrat Resin had the V700 and V800 as well. Unfortunetly out of production.

Reg. the DC-7 I think Rareplanes did produce a vacform-kit with Northwest Orient Deacls.

I think that DC-7C kit was by Contrail rather then Rareplanes. I had it years ago and it was pretty crude. I never made it though I thought of combining parts with the Heller DC-6B (but never got to trying that). I'm not sure that it would have worked too well anyway, as the vacform plastic was very flimsy compared to the robust Heller material. Didn't AIM reissue the DC-7C, maybe with some improved parts? I certainly recall that they were planning to do so at one point.

Airways produced a 1/72 scale kit of the Viscount in the late 70's with BEA decals.

Crude by todays vac-form standard, but apears to be accurate.

I have one in the stash if you don't get sorted.

Chris.

I think that DC-7C kit was by Contrail rather then Rareplanes. I had it years ago and it was pretty crude. I never made it though I thought of combining parts with the Heller DC-6B (but never got to trying that). I'm not sure that it would have worked too well anyway, as the vacform plastic was very flimsy compared to the robust Heller material. Didn't AIM reissue the DC-7C, maybe with some improved parts? I certainly recall that they were planning to do so at one point.

I think the DC7C was a Formaplane kit and may have originated in the US from an outfit called something like J&L .

Thanks for all the replies guys, I will check hannants for the Mach 2 kit, though after my MACH 2 Alouette II I wil lhave to think hard whether I want to try another of their kits! (damn and the price is rather scary too!)

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

Airways produced a 1/72 scale kit of the Viscount in the late 70's with BEA decals.

Crude by todays vac-form standard, but apears to be accurate.

I have one in the stash if you don't get sorted.

Chris.

The Airways kit if memory serves, dates from the 1980s - circa 87/88 I think.

Marty...