Grex Airbrushes - in stock & an updated airbrushing catalogue

little-cars

Just to let people know that I now have three of the Grex airbrushes instock as well as their grip handle.

I have also updated the liittle-cars airbrush catalogue.

It now has details and prices for all the airbrushes & compressors that little-cars now stocks:

little-cars Airbrush catalogue - Word Document 1.4mb

The brushes I have in stock are their easy to hold single action brush the Genesis.XA at £78.00

It features a 5ml removable gravity feed paint cup and 0.3mm needle/nozzle.

Genesis.XA

genesisxa.gif

Their general purpose Trigger activated Genesis.XT brush at £120

It features intercangable side feed paint cups, a pre set handle and 0.35mm nozzle set

Genesis.XT

genesisxt.gif

And their top of the range Tritium TG airbrush at £155

This features three interchangable gravety feed cups, pre set handle, pistol grip handle for comfort is available with either a 0.3 or 0.2mm needle and nozzle set and has the option of installing a larger 0.5mm nozzle set. It also features a large easy to remove nozzle.

Tritium.TG

tritiumtg.gif

Finally, I have also bought in a batch of their airbrush grip sets at £18

ggs1.jpg

These fit a number of different airbrushes, I have one on an Iwata Eclipse and it so much more comfortable to hold now.

Grex Airbrush Grip

All prices quotes include 15% VAT

Thanks,

Paul

little-cars.com

Will you be stocking suitable accessories like spare needles, parts etc at some point in the future?

The previous supplier of my Grex is no longer doing so, I'd rather buy UK than source in an import if I ever need to be replacing a part.

Will you be stocking suitable accessories like spare needles, parts etc at some point in the future?

The previous supplier of my Grex is no longer doing so, I'd rather buy UK than source in an import if I ever need to be replacing a part.

Hi,

I'm intending to once I know what is already out there in the UK.

For the first order I only have the basic spares to cover the three brushes I am currently importing.

I will be adding the Grex spares to the website shortly, I only received the order on Friday, so I've only had chance to add the brushes on there so far.

By the way which brush do you have ??

Paull

Hello Paul,

Will this fit the infinity with a pressure regulator fitted?

Cheers,

Bob

ggs1.jpg

I'm not sure yet if it fits H&S brushes, need to do some tests.

The main plastic body fits ok, but the thread on the extension adapter snagged when I tried it.

It's the same fitting, so I nedd to investigate why it snagged.

With the fPc valve fitted you wouldn't be able to use that function as it will be inside the handle.

Page 22 of the airbrushing catalogue has a list of the airbrushes that Grex say are definately compatible.

Sorry for the delay, I have the XG model. It's my 1st ab and I've been more than happy with it.

My only concern is the small-ish coverage area - it makes priming the larger models a bit of a pain. If I ever find myself in a position for a 2nd brush I'd be seriously looking at a single action broad spray affair.

Hi,

I'm intending to once I know what is already out there in the UK.

For the first order I only have the basic spares to cover the three brushes I am currently importing.

I will be adding the Grex spares to the website shortly, I only received the order on Friday, so I've only had chance to add the brushes on there so far.

By the way which brush do you have ??

Paull

The XA is quoted as having the same maximum width as the one you have, 1inch.

But manufacturers specifications don't always reflect the real world, I have the three brushes going out for review & testing today, so I'll have some independant feedback soon.

What sort of width of paint are you getting out of your XG ?

1" doesn't seem too far off... I get maybe 1/2 that area when spraying Alclad primer though. I find that any kind of distance to it dusts up the finish horribly. It makes even coverage on those 12" spans a real pain.

The only paint I've struggled to get through it is Xtracrylix... I thin it more and more and it still clogs the nozzle horribly. I think that's more issues with me learning the paint than anything from the ab's side though.

1" doesn't seem too far off... I get maybe 1/2 that area when spraying Alclad primer though. I find that any kind of distance to it dusts up the finish horribly. It makes even coverage on those 12" spans a real pain.

The only paint I've struggled to get through it is Xtracrylix... I thin it more and more and it still clogs the nozzle horribly. I think that's more issues with me learning the paint than anything from the ab's side though.

Sounds like it's a thinning problem, the nozzle on the brush is 0.3mm, so not that small. You could also try a drying retardant.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to let anyone that is interested that the Grex airbrushes I've features here will be reviewed in the next issue of MAI.

Several customers have asked me to stock a version of the Sprint jet with an auto cut off when the airbrush is not in use.

I've now added this to the price list and updated the Airbrush/compressor catalogue, now available as either a word doc or PDF file.

little-cars Airbrushing Catalogue October 2009 PDF Version

or

little-cars airbrushing Catalogue October 2009 Word .DOC version

I now offer four compressors that are made in the same factory as the Iwata & Revell compressors.

The little-jet, fills the same space as the Iwata Sprint Jet. £130 or £135 with hose

The new little-auto, same engine as the little-jet, but with an auto cut off and is presented in a small steel case. £170, £175 with a Hose.

The little-tank, uprated 1/6th hp motor, 2.5 litre tank and hose included. £220 or £200 when bought with an H&S or Grex Airbrush set costing more than £100.

The Big-tank, multi user unit, larger motor and tank compared with the little-tank, higher pressure tank, and four take off points on top of the unit. £320.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As the good reviews are starting to get into the magazines, I've decided to knock 10% off the list price of the current stocks Grex Airbrushes to get them into the hands of modellers. There are limited numbers of brushes at the offer price, so if you are thinking about either a single action or a trigger brush have a look at the full specifications of these brushes.

So the offer prices;

Genesis XA £78 is now £70 Great Single action brush, well balanced and easy to use.

Genesis XA

And the trigger brushes;

Genesis XT £120 is now £108 If you are after a general purpose trigger airbrush, you can't beat this for the price.

Genesis XT

Tritium TG3 £155 is now £139.50 Three different gravity fed paint cups, manufacturer supported 0.2mm and 0.5mm nozzle options, beats the Iwata TR range on price and features for the same build quality.

Tritium Features

Full details of these Grex, plus our best selling Harder & Steenbeck range as well as out compressor range and Iwata offerings can be found in our Airbrush Catalogue which can be downloaded from our web site.

litttle-cars Airbrush Catalogue

Remember out Christmas offer of free postage also applies to these brushes and the Trigger brushes are supplied with a free Grex workshop DVD while stocks last.

Thanks,

Paul

little-cars

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very pleased with my Tritium, lovely airbrush and the quality is superb. well recommended and the service from Paul was top notch.

one question- the compressor you had set up with the demo 'brush, how much are they? and would you do a deal on one? as although I'm not buying it at the same time as an airbrush, I did buy one a few weeks ago ;)

pm me if you dont want to post up here :)

cheers

matt

I'm very pleased with my Tritium, lovely airbrush and the quality is superb. well recommended and the service from Paul was top notch.

one question- the compressor you had set up with the demo 'brush, how much are they? and would you do a deal on one? as although I'm not buying it at the same time as an airbrush, I did buy one a few weeks ago ;)

pm me if you dont want to post up here :)

cheers

matt

Hi Matt,

Glad to here you are happy with the brush.

Hope you managed to find your friend in Bedford!

The compressor is the little-tank compressor, list price is £250, my price is £220, or £200 when biught with a brush.....or very shortly after.

So the answer is £200 at the moment.

• 6 years later...

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately we no longer import Grex airbrushes or spares.

There is a new supplier in the UK.

Sean Middleton Topnotch Models : http://topnotch-success.net/shop/grex-2

You can also get spares from steel models in Italy :http://steelmodels.com/

Hope that helps,

Paul