S'N'J Spray Metal & Polishing Powders

Mike

Anyone had any experience with it so far?

I was just having a look, and it's expensive... I filled my basket with 3 shades of powder & 3 shades of paint, added some airbrush lube, and the bill was going to come to over £40 before I added postage. Given that I've got about £70 of Alclad, I stopped in my tracks & pondered for a second :hmmm:

Then I decided to ask you lot :)

Anyone had any experience with it so far?

I was just having a look, and it's expensive... I filled my basket with 3 shades of powder & 3 shades of paint, added some airbrush lube, and the bill was going to come to over £40 before I added postage. Given that I've got about £70 of Alclad, I stopped in my tracks & pondered for a second :hmmm:

Then I decided to ask you lot :)

I used SnJ years ago, and still have the powder. I found it greatly superior to any available "metal" paint then, not too sure now, as I think ALCLAD may have the edge.....

If the formula has altered, then.......maybe. I tried it, when Hannant's first stocked it, on an Echelon Lightning. It took 3 bottles, to get complete coverage, and wore off the wings, as I was handling it, trying to use the powder. After several hours of fighting with the powder, getting the model, me, and my clothes, liberally coated with the stuff, the model went in the bin, my clothes went into the washing machine, and I went into the bath, swearing that I was finished with n/m finishes. I was persuaded to change my ideas, when I found the original Alclad, so much so, that our local shop was the first to import it, at my recommendation. I suspect that money would need to change hands, before I could be persuaded to give it another go.

Edgar

Thanks for the heads up Edgar... I've since blown the money I was going to spend on S'N'J on bits for my new 1:32 Mk 22/24 Spit that I picked up from Nigel's last night. Oh, and a new digital camera :wacko: Plus - I've got shiloads of Alclad already :rolleyes:

Appreciate the comments... if the polishing powder is anything like the weathering pigments I've used, it'll go everywhere, and I'll end up looking like a cheap cyberman :lol: