PTCruisers Build

ptcruiser

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciated

Jag Update:

Filler cap on the real thing:

0908040044.jpg

As close as I'm going ot get using the solid core from 'phone cable and plastic rod:

0910280004b.jpg

Also scratch built the luggage rack.

Interior just about done:

0910280005.jpg

Under the hood so far: Compare & contrast. By the way the electric fan is a modern addition and won't feature in the build, even left the switch off the dash

0908040144.jpg

0910280007.jpg

And you may have noticed the bonnet bracket supports, 'cus as British Rail used to say, "we're getting there":

0910280001.jpg

The louvres are cut, just profiling the front curves. The louvres will be the last thing formed, once everything else is done, including the bracing underneath (as per the engine shot). It's made from embossing foil as I found that 'pie dish' foil is just to thick to work with re the louvres. Also cut the brake drums. The brightwork for the bumpers and screen have been stripped back and await paint & Alclad.

Enjoy

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so here it is in all it's glory. Still far from happy with the bonnet and may yet make yet another one! Still all good fun. It's made from embossing foil using the original kit piece as a former. The louvres are cut in with a scalpel. Home made rally badges, extra driving lamp a spare from a Gunze TR3. Crazy Modeller mesh on all the lamps. All exterior rear view mirrors scratch built as is the filler cap, luggage rack and exhaust pipe. I carved out between the radiator grills with the back of a scalpel and yes, all the way through! The screen frame and bumpers were stripped and Alcladed. Wheels and tyres are from Profil 24. Interior has added rally clocks and has had the various pannels reworked as required. The GB figures are Slaters 3mm letters. It's painted in Halfords Rover white from the rattle can with a coat of Halfords clear lacquer just add some sheen.

Enjoy, more pics in Parc Fermé

Rich

0911160017.jpg