Was just lookiing for something totally unrelated, and found this page

Mentalguru

• 3 weeks later...
i presume the mine resistant part refers to where it matters ( the passenger cell ) nowhere else job done well by the looks of it

i'd rather loose ten vehicles than have 1 injured squadie !!

Well exactly!

But if you go own the link- there are a load of pics that show in some instances the hull design. Very clever and tecchie.

Gordon Brown's idea seems to be getting a bit of 5mm ally plate and bolting it on Land Rover doors

NOT trying to start a political slanging match
Gordon Brown's idea seems to be getting a bit of 5mm ally plate and bolting it on Land Rover doors

Stop breaking your own rules then!

The Australian army has a similar vehicle which is used by Dutch and British forces in Afghanistan

Bushmaster.JPG

I believe the Dutch have lost 4 or 5 vehicle to IEDs and mines with no casualties that I know of. The Bushmaster below hit a mine and lost a wheel but you can really see the vee shaped hull once the stowage bins have been removed.

LAND_Bushmaster_Dutch_Damaged_lg.jpg

This shot is a Dutch Bushmaster giving a tow to a Welsh Guards rover after enginge trouble and really shows the difference in size between the two types of vehicle.

dutchuk001zj6.jpg

Edited by darson

Stop breaking your own rules then!

It is one's perogative to change one's mind :tease:

The Australian army has a similar vehicle which is used by Dutch and British forces in Afghanistan

Bushmaster.JPG

I believe the Dutch have lost 4 or 5 vehicle to IEDs and mines with no casualties that I know of. The Bushmaster below hit a mine and lost a wheel but you can really see the vee shaped hull once the stowage bins have been removed.

LAND_Bushmaster_Dutch_Damaged_lg.jpg

This shot is a Dutch Bushmaster giving a tow to a Welsh Guards rover after enginge trouble and really shows the difference in size between the two types of vehicle.

dutchuk001zj6.jpg

Those are great pics Darren- I personally find the whole engineering and design that goes into these vehicles extremely interesting.