Welcome to the Gulf War GB

Bazza

Hi,

a year eh? well I'm in Revell 1/72 GR1. Need to look at some bit for it, we are looking at Op Granby right?

:partytime:

Cheers Pete

Ok ignore last part of the question, next time I'll read the rules first!!!!!!! Doh................!! might be a GR4 in that case :thumbsup:

really silly question alert!!!!

here goes, did the iraqies have foxbats?

i really do not have not have a clue but have the revell kit without decals

It would make a really cheap kit wise diorama, here you go mark

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_247.shtml

Auz SAS discovered a buried Foxbat to prevent them being damaged in air raids.

2 plasticard fins and a bucket of sand and you are done :D

Edited by TonyT

Here you go...better shots:

buried1.jpg

buried3.jpg

I actually built it for the recent 'win a MiG' competition on BM, where Mike Reeves was going to pick the funniest post out of the raffle entries. It didn't win, but it's won something since...

Cheers,

Dean

really silly question alert!!!!

here goes, did the iraqies have foxbats?

i really do not have not have a clue but have the revell kit without decals

hold that thought, i may have had a senior moment, the kit i have is actually a foxhound!!! oopse!! and i guess they wenrt part of the iraqi airforce!

hold that thought, i may have had a senior moment, the kit i have is actually a foxhound!!! oopse!! and i guess they wenrt part of the iraqi airforce!

No the Iraqis only got Foxbats, Fighter and Recce versions.

Does anyone know what F14 and F18 units where on the USS JFK in desert storm, i cant seem to findout anywhere.

Cheers, ollie

Hi Ollie

F-14A on USS JFK were-

VF-14:

162700/AC-100

162691/AC-101

159463/AC-102

160386/AC-103

VF-32:

162701/AC-200

162694/AC-201

160384/AC-202

unfortunately there is no mention of F-18's on the JFK

She appears to have sailed with:

A-7E's VA-47/72

A-6E/KA-6D's* VA-75

EA-6B's VAQ-130

as the strike aircraft *yeah i know- tanker :P

hope that helps

Hi Ollie

F-14A on USS JFK were-

VF-14:

162700/AC-100

162691/AC-101

159463/AC-102

160386/AC-103

VF-32:

162701/AC-200

162694/AC-201

160384/AC-202

unfortunately there is no mention of F-18's on the JFK

She appears to have sailed with:

A-7E's VA-47/72

A-6E/KA-6D's* VA-75

EA-6B's VAQ-130

as the strike aircraft *yeah i know- tanker :P

hope that helps

The two Corsair Sqns were VA-46 and VA-72, and were the only Corsairs that operated in the conflict being replaced by F/A-18s when the Sqns returned stateside. One of the VA-72 aircraft was specially painted up in a sand and brown scheme with Desert Storm on the wings, but this was done on the way back to the states.

The two Corsair Sqns were VA-46 and VA-72, and were the only Corsairs that operated in the conflict being replaced by F/A-18s when the Sqns returned stateside. One of the VA-72 aircraft was specially painted up in a sand and brown scheme with Desert Storm on the wings, but this was done on the way back to the states.

I made the model of that a long tima ago,I believe it was the Italeria boxing however it was a re-box of the USAF version & NOT the USN one as it had the IFR socket instead of the probe in the kit.

Merv

I made the model of that a long tima ago,I believe it was the Italeria boxing however it was a re-box of the USAF version & NOT the USN one as it had the IFR socket instead of the probe in the kit.

Merv

I think if I remember rightly Matchbox did the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I reckon I might be able to squeeze in a Canberra PR.9 for this one as well as the Nimrod. I'll be using the Airfix 1/72 kit and using the kit decals to build XH135 which was operated during Op Telic.

I'll get a build thread going just as soon as the Harrier is finished :)

Nah, the Canberra first- with a bit of luck, it'll be the filling of a Harrier sandwich :D

The Nimrod will have to wait until early next year I think, due to other GB commitments :)

Can i be cheeky,& offer a 1/48 Revell MiG 25 "Foxbat",for sale ??

Battered Box,but Model is intact,hence,only £5....

P.M,if interested ??

Edited by Bazza

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, a quick question for the mods. I've made a start on the Canberra, but I'm now thinking it may not qualify. A quick search for XH135 shows her to have operated during Telic, complete with mission markings, here

Now, it was always my intention to build her OOB, using the kit decals, so can I still go ahead with her, assuming that at some point, she would have been out in the desert, but with no mission markings? :hmmm:

Over to you :)