Harrier GR7 Hasegawa 1:48

The Harrier has never looked better. A very nice combo...a great model and excellent photography to show it off....keep it up; you are inspiring.

The finest Harrier than i ever seen! Congratulations! The paint and wheatering are awesome!... Now i'm working in an Sea Harrier FRS Mk1 (1/72nd scale), and if i reach a 30% of your outstanding results, i'll be happy. For me it can't be better! Congratulations one more time!

Regards. TRUSKY1965.

Hello,

First of all very nice Harrier GR.7!!!

The Hasegawa's Harrier II family are not easy kits to build and they don't provides all the parts you need to finish it correctly.

Please, do'nt be afraid, I would just give some suggestion for the next time or for other brillant modellers here:

The Harrier GR.7 "ZG479/69" was fitted with big 100% LERX during the Operation Telic in 2003.

The Hasegawa kit contains only the small 65% LERX.

The "kinked wing" is too much pronuncied. Should be fixed a little bit.

Also the ejection seat rail is only to used with the Stencel american bang seat, not with the british Mk.5/7/9s.

I built one of this some years ago, here it is:

gr7_69_pds1.jpg

gr7_69_pds2.jpg

gr769_pds.jpg

69_112.jpg

I hope those brief notes can help everybody want to build an Hasegawa's Harrier Gr.7s.

CIAO!

Piero

• Like 1

Hello,

First of all very nice Harrier GR.7!!!

The Hasegawa's Harrier II family are not easy kits to build and they don't provides all the parts you need to finish it correctly.

Please, do'nt be afraid, I would just give some suggestion for the next time or for other brillant modellers here:

The Harrier GR.7 "ZG479/69" was fitted with big 100% LERX during the Operation Telic in 2003.

The Hasegawa kit contains only the small 65% LERX.

The "kinked wing" is too much pronuncied. Should be fixed a little bit.

Also the ejection seat rail is only to used with the Stencel american bang seat, not with the british Mk.5/7/9s.

I hope those brief notes can help everybody want to build an Hasegawa's Harrier Gr.7s.

CIAO!

Piero

Hi Piero, Arkady had a build thread on here, and most of the above notes were discussed.....

Link Here:

Arkady's GR7 build

To avoid a bit of confusion. ZG479/"69" was always fitted with 100% LERX's - not just for Op Telic.

Cheers

Bill

Edited by Bill Clark