Hot and Dusty GB

Hi All

Having spoken to the boss (cheers Mish) I thought I would float the idea of a Military Vehicle GB entitiled 'Hot and Dusty'

In my opinion, desert vehicles are great to build because you can add that ‘extra’ wear, such as chippings, faded paint, and of course DUST!! .

In addition, knocked out vehicles will also be interesting and require use of pigments for that rusted burnt-out effect.

The choice is vast, from pre-WWII to modern, from North Africa all the way Iraq and Afghanistan.

If this is of interest, reply here so we can gauge interest.

Paul

Sounds interesting, providing my hands still work!

Phil

Hi All

Having spoken to the boss (cheers Mish) I thought I would float the idea of a Military Vehicle GB entitiled 'Hot and Dusty'

In my opinion, desert vehicles are great to build because you can add that ‘extra’ wear, such as chippings, faded paint, and of course DUST!! .

In addition, knocked out vehicles will also be interesting and require use of pigments for that rusted burnt-out effect.

The choice is vast, from pre-WWII to modern, from North Africa all the way Iraq and Afghanistan.

If this is of interest, reply here so we can gauge interest.

Paul

Big fan of desert 'schemes' myself – recently done an SAS Jeep from North Africa and am currently doing a modified LRDG Chevrolet based on the last remaining Chevy from the Barce raid. To complete that diorama, however, I need to add the last two jeeps – so they're what I would join in with!! It'd be a great excuse to start them . . .

• 3 weeks later...