1/72 Beaufighter I

This was a bagged kit sold with instructions marked Novo - presumably descended from the Frog Mk.21. It's modelled on a photo in the old Camouflage and Markings booklet, also in the book RAF Chivenor by D.Watkins.

I cut off the lump for the autopilot, added Airwaves etched brass cockpits, Aeroclub engines, Airfix tailplanes ('cos they are short span ones) and various spare bits from Airfix (wheels, legs) and Hasegawa (spinners, wheel hubs) kits. The early canopy is also an Aeroclub item. I now wish I'd taken the time to scribe the panel lines but I started it a long time ago and lost interest when the paint peeled with the masking tape. Since it's Chivenor's 70th next year I thought I'd revive it and pair it with a Hawk in 50th anniversary markings which I have yet to build.

Beau_web1.jpg

Beau_web2.jpg

Beau_web3.jpg

Beau_web4.jpg

• Like 1

Really like that one, great scheme. Really hope we get to see Duxford's example in the air one day.

Very nice model that does justice to this old kit, Ross. The Aeroclub additions really make the difference and prove that the Frog Beau is still a worthy contender. Built with obvious care too, and just...well, nice to look at!

I've built a few of these and I intend to build a few more!

Cheers,

Tim.