Phabulous Phantoms (F4J)

:wub: Thats one phantastic J-bird. Love the weathering, nice and dirty, just how i like em!

What paints did you use?

Any chance of a pic of the underneath? :photo:

Cheers

Rich

Thanks for your comments. Paints used were Extra colour and when gloss I ran my own mix of dirty thinners into the engraving. Once matted, the weathering is nearly all pastels chalks. As requested, a pic of the bellyside.

Cheers

004.jpg

Thanks to all you guys and gals for your kind comments. Much Appreciated.

So Glad you all liked it. Now I know that the new owner should like it................

Don't know what to build next............fairly large stash. Any Requests??????

:gobsmacked:

Simply stunning! Just what the Doctor ordered... Just love the weathering and nice to see yours in the later Barley Grey, rather than the tricky early imported Greeny/blue scheme. Neil (FGR-2) did an awesome job some time back with that scheme for the Osprey model manual, but this is one of your is right out of the top drawer. Great wethering and a real inspiration - I want to do mine now! Best wishes, Geoff

Cracking job on the F4-J.. good weathering... just a note , ZE350/T never got repainted.. it spent its life in the Blue/Green when painted in the states... I have a tiny bit of the airframe which i matched to an Xtracolour paint when i did mine...

Picture030.jpg

ZE350/T on the left with a small part from ZE352/G on the right in the repainted colour...

Still a nice Phantom, well done...

Cheers,

Neil

Ohhh thats it, i'm off to have a flippin' great bonfire with all my builds as it maks my stuff look just like it said in my school reports....could do better!.

What a Phancy Phantom...Blooming Phantastic and a real inspiration and the reason I follow Britmodeller for builds like this.

Really impressed.

Cheers Geeza

Col'

Looks excellent. I have decided to do another UK J. I was going to go with the original bluey colour , but after seeing yours i think i will do it as a repaint again. I will probably go for ZE352/G seeing as that looks like a repaint.

I like the photo of the colour differences that Neil has posted. Is there a list of the ones that were repainted?

Nice work!

Edited by gunpowder17