Airfix Bristol Super Freighter shocker!

PHREAK

I thought I'd try something a little different to contribute to an IPMS Avon theme build, so I picked the Airfix Super Freighter Mk 32. One of our other members is doing the same kit but converting it back to a Mk 21 using the Magna Models conversion.

Well, he discovered a flaw in the Airfix kit, just a matter of the starboard wing route being at whole 2mm forward of the port wing route and it is very obvious when you look at it!

Have you built this kit or corrected this?

Have you got this kit in your stash? If so, has yours got the same flaw?

I'm a bit put off with this and feel like giving it the :fight: before it's had the fuselage put together.....I was really enjoying it too!

OK, what you need to do is as follows: Firstly, extend forward the location slot for the wing that is too far aft. This will allow the wing to slide forward. Secondly fill the recaee for the wing root on the inside of the fuselage. Now glue the wing into position so that it matches the other side. Finally build up the leading edge of the root and sand to shape and then file and sand the trailing edge of the root to the aerofoil section of the wing. Sorry if it turns out that I'm teaching grandmother to suck eggs and you've already thought of this but I thought it might help.

Martin