1/35 land rover

Hi thought i would post a pic or two of the old revell 1/35 land rover.Im doing a ffr version scratch built atu/353 clansman and antenna mounts,

have been experimenting with the canvas which is coming on.

hope you enjoyDSC00588.jpgDSC00584.jpg

• Like 1

This looks very interesting! :analintruder:

And brings back memories.

IIRC we carried the PRC 351, PRC 321 and VRC 353 in a normal (Infantry) FFR. Plus a 5 metre mast for long range comms with the 321 or shorter with the 353 and "Pineapple"?

The VRC 353 was 35 - 75.975Mhz?

I stand to be corrected, it was a LONG time ago.

:clif:

The 321 was almost world wide comms depending on the AE used. Frequency range long forgotten.

Strangely, I can picture the setup, it's just the numbers that are starting to blur with time. Our RSWO had a real thing for making us fully kit out an FFR in the dark.

I once had to carry the TUAAM (Tuning Unit Automatic Antenna Matching, i.e. the big, heavy green box attached to both Rover wings) around a town whilst on Ex as some tit (me) had lost the bolt for attaching it to the Rover's wing in the dark and I had to find a Chandler (hardware shop) for a new, similar bolt. I did. Cost me a couple of slabs for losing the damn bolt in the first place though. :undecided:

Once upon a time whilst sunbathing beside a (quiet) swimming pool (in a posh-ish hotel) in Kenya I was tasked to get the latest Brit football scores. I did. The radio used (a PRC 321) began to very suddenly attract some rather unwelcome interest so we bugged out quietly and sharpish.

Ah, happy daze!

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out! The rack looks good, how did you do it or what is it?

:speak_cool:

Hi all thank you for your comments, the tuam is the the tuning unit inside the green box on the wing.

the radios /clansman 351/353 range was indeed30-75.975 mhz range and lots of diff land rovers carried diff set ups

this will have a 352 added on the racking.

the racking itself is palstic card with all the holes drilled/ cut out took a while and is my first atempt at doing it didnt come out too bad.

doors and window tops to be added the next lr will be stripped down with the veh coverd in cam net.