The Gotha

miduppergunner

I felt I should open the Box - goodness a lot of bits and the rigging is daunting - I have the Albatross Book which will be a help - anyway here is a picture of the sprues - it is a dainty looking aircraft - compare the wing panel (extreme left) of the Airfix 0/400 which is very butch in all respects - particularly the rib tapes which are exceptionally bad - rather like planks of wood in appearance. Difficult to understand why Airfix - who in my view produce reasonable to good kits overall can produce such a rendition!

There are some PE bits as well

Gothabits.jpg

The photo by the way is an available light shot, hand held and so will try to do better later on. Goodness have I only until Jan next year!!!! :crying::unsure:

Edited by miduppergunner

Now thats a kit!

good luck with that one David, i think you might need it.

i cant wait to see this one build up.

Wayne

I believe I'm still conversant with anything that has Queenie's head on it!

£2 coin? :P

Yes - get on with it David - I do believe that this will be my first time watching you work from the beginning of the build... I'm waiting! :P;)

£2 coin? :P

Yes - get on with it David - I do believe that this will be my first time watching you work from the beginning of the build... I'm waiting! :P;)

OK Mr SA - it is not that long ago that you finished anything - now you have gone bonkers. I think there is some ageism in your comment so you may be referred to the other administrators. Don't mock the aflicted - i cant help being slow!! [Exit left for sulk]

OK Mr SA - it is not that long ago that you finished anything - now you have gone bonkers. I think there is some ageism in your comment so you may be referred to the other administrators. Don't mock the aflicted - i cant help being slow!! [Exit left for sulk]

You think you're slow.... I invented the word.

I can be sooooooooooo Slow it's painful.

Happy days.

Bob

• 1 month later...
Now now, that's enough smut thank you.

Actually Col, this is a better victim subject for you to mither David to get finished, so you can stop wearing out your V, A, L, I, A, N, and T keys ;)

In view of the extremely hurtful comments by Mike I have felt obliged to start the Gotha. Here is a picture of the work done so far. I have decided that the fuselage must be painted and largely finished before much more assembly to the rest if the airframe because of the extensive amount of control cables etc. I am also hand painting it because the masking for spraying is not only rather difficult but it is extremely fragile and will probably disintegrate under the application of and removal of any tape or similar medium. The seat for the Pilot by the way is like an arm chair and according to refernces is covered in red leather! I can see no seat belts in any of the diagrams etc. I have. You may just be able to se a walkway between the front gunners position and the rear position - this must have been hazardous because of the bomb racks etc. jutting out, and the narrow space!

I thought that Roden had omitted to put the lower wing halves in the box - but it soon became apparent that all wings were molded in one piece. The maximum thickness is about 2mm! It is an extremely dainty aeroplane - and a fragile kit overall. Yuk! I am not looking forward to assembling the U/c.

David.

Gotha-mod1.jpg

Ooh, nice work there David! She's off to a flying start :goodjob:

Actually Col, this is a better victim subject for you to mither David to get finished, so you can stop wearing out your V, A, L, I, A, N, and T keys ;)

Only problem with that suggestion Mike, David's likely to finish this one :tease:

Bloody hell!

I haven't even started work on the engine of my RE8 (step 1 in the assembly)..

David, you were my benchmark in not getting anything done. We were kindred spirits, soulmates even in not getting anything done for the GB.

Now, as I'm on holiday, and the kit is still untouched, 3, 000 miles away, I feel like Douglas Bader in a 500m sprint.....

I feel a rift in the force young Padawan.

Nick,

When you make it back home you had better get ya finger out sharpish!

Your the bleedin' Group leader and should be lickin' us into shape, not the other way round... haha

David.

Nice work my esteemed Bi-ped

May the Valium capsules calm your ringing hand... Good luck matey!

Bobby B

Bloody hell!

I haven't even started work on the engine of my RE8 (step 1 in the assembly)..

David, you were my benchmark in not getting anything done. We were kindred spirits, soulmates even in not getting anything done for the GB.

Now, as I'm on holiday, and the kit is still untouched, 3, 000 miles away, I feel like Douglas Bader in a 500m sprint.....

Ooh, nice work there David! She's off to a flying start :goodjob:

I agree - well done David. :thumbsup: See? Reverse psychology works with some people ^_^

Only problem with that suggestion Mike, David's likely to finish this one :tease:

Do you KNOW how old David is? :lol: Oh, btw.... you might want to ask him about his Sanger Halifax :lol:

I think it's time I made a badword filter for the to become the... it'll help people understand David's posts :S

Do you KNOW how old David is? :lol: Oh, btw.... you might want to ask him about his Sanger Halifax :lol:

Guess we all have the odd skeletal kit in the back of the cupboard :lol: