Italeri 1/72 Mirage 2000D

I've been a bit quiet on the modelling front lately, but have just finished off this Italeri 1/72 Mirage 2000D which I picked up for a bargain £2. It is built out of the box with no added extras. Usually I would close up the canopies but the fit was so bad I had to have them open, which is a shame as it ruins the lovely lines of the aircraft! The rest of the build was fairly trouble free. The decals look a little light to me, but were the only ones I had.

Dscf0231.jpg

Dscf0217-1.jpg

Dscf0232.jpg

Dscf0248.jpg

Dscf0254.jpg

Karl.

• Like 2

very nice and sharp. the build looks great.

and yes, the roundels are very very light.

the blue should be something close to the classic old RAF roundel blue (you can't go wrong with exactly the same colour, now that I am looking at my Mosquito's roundels), at least on the two-litters of HAF.

great build nonetheless!

Karl I'm really beginning not to like you,...the reason is this....how dare you show such a fine work of modeling art IN THAT DASTARDLY SCALE!!!! :P ...Yer not playing fair mate..I can't see the dials on the IP to even try to paint them and you do a very fine job like this....good work. I've reconsidered...you're still OK in my book mate...

is this a reboxing of the Heller kit please?

No, Airfix have reboxed the (appalling) Heller kit. The Italeri kit can be seen in a Revell box though.

Usually I would close up the canopies but the fit was so bad I had to have them open, which is a shame as it ruins the lovely lines of the aircraft!

S'funny, I prefer the two-holer with the canopies open :)

Hi Nev

I heard the Heller Mirages were not too bad?

or is it just the 2000?

Well, I only build the C, I heard the D was meant to be better. Apart from the enormous raised panel lines, no detail, appaling fit and I think the nose looks too thin and pointy...

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/to...ght,mirage.html (you may need to be logged in to see the pics)

Well I like it Karl and actually prefer the canopies open. Looks like a good little kit too. Makes me want to drag out my 1/48 Mirage 2000N and use our upcoming D conversion on it. :)

upcoming D conversion you say?! interesting...oh so interesting....would there be any chance for

a future Mirage 2000-5 conversion?!