Other IDF/AF fans?

hatchet

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info on this book; I didn't know it was in preparation. The Kfir appeals to me on the dual grounds that it's Miraculicious (my word for a Mirage derivative) and it's Israeli. Actually, its employment as an Aggressor means that it's even more appealing..... if only Isradecal (among others) would release some new 72nd markings for the Kfir. Looks like it's time to resume my search for aviating swine.....

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by Andrew

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info on this book; I didn't know it was in preparation. The Kfir appeals to me on the dual grounds that it's Miraculicious (my word for a Mirage derivative) and it's Israeli. Actually, its employment as an Aggressor means that it's even more appealing..... if only Isradecal (among others) would release some new 72nd markings for the Kfir. Looks like it's time to resume my search for aviating swine.....

Cheers,

Andrew

Well, Isra had (note past-tense) two sheets for the Kfir, with both 1/72 and 1/48 on the same sheets. one for Israeli birds and one for International Kfirs (US Navy & Marines, Colombia, Ecuador and Sri Lanka). Maybe they'll dust off the artwork with the new book?

:viking:

Hi Martin,

Sadly, I'm very aware of those sheets, but cannot lay my greasy mits on them..... either of them.... not even one...... not even the disgusting and deplorable 1/72 portions that really waste the valuable space of those wonderful chaps who build in that excellent 1/48 scale.

So, when not looking skyward for pigs flying by, I must just try and cast the odd glance towards Isradecal (or any other charitable decal producer) and see if that artwork was being used for something other than reissued 48th sheets. One can hope.....

Thanks again for the heads-up on the book.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Got the book! I ordered it directly from IsraDecal saturday and today, thursday, it came. Not too bad.

The book is quite good, but the Sufa and Ra'am books are better, in my opinion. A nice reference for Kfir-modellers tho', but not essential. Nice walkaround and line drawings in 1/48 and 1/72 with side and perspective drawings of the landing gear and perspective drawings of the ejection seats (MB Mk.6 and Mk.10). No Drawings of the pylons tho' and the C10 isn't mentioned in the book at all. I'm glad I got it, but if you buy it don't expect to be able to scratch-build a Kfir from it.

:viking: