Two Short Planks that grew !

'V'

Did another small video, with the new Class 25 with sound bringing some oil tanks in just after the DMU went out.

th_MVI_1825.jpg

'V'

Brilliant! :)

I could easily be sidetracked... but I daren't!

Amazing how much progress has been made in the model railway world - keep having a nose at the stuff in Howes, Kidlington.

Iain

Did another small video, with the new Class 25 with sound bringing some oil tanks in just after the DMU went out.

th_MVI_1825.jpg

'V'

Wonderful stuff!! Sound equipped locos really make the difference don't they? And your video is even more enhanced by the very realistic birdsong!! :whistle::D

Excellent work!

Keef (another one who used to like nothing better than teararsing round the lanes in the dead of night - various WAMC & Motoring News events, in various Fords, 1975 to 1980ish when, yes, I got married!!)

Edited by keefr22

• 3 weeks later...

Had a silly session today, running my two 06 shunters outdoors, checking what they can pull and trying to exactly match their speeds. Silly game, but passed a few minutes in the sunshine !!

IMG_1857.jpg

Geoff T.

Hi Geoff,

Love the video, they do sound good.

Sorry it's been a while not been on here much. Sounds like you had fun rallying then. I'm wanting to get the engine running in the Ponti this year, just need some time and an engine crane.

Been shopping today and bought a station building and an overhead gantry for my layout. I have had a change of plan's so to speak. Once assembled the layout was to big to access, so after some searching I've found a small station to base a trackplan on.

Will have to update my layout pages.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd add another video.

This one is my Heljan Class 47 that came without number and was decalled by me to 47 076 and a home decal 'City of Truro' name plate added. Here it is hauling my now loaded and weathered iron ore tippler wagons.

Again the video's not the highest quality, but from a digi stills camera quite impressive.

th_MVI_1853.jpg

'V'

• 2 weeks later...
Thought I'd add another video.

This one is my Heljan Class 47 that came without number and was decalled by me to 47 076 and a home decal 'City of Truro' name plate added. Here it is hauling my now loaded and weathered iron ore tippler wagons.

Again the video's not the highest quality, but from a digi stills camera quite impressive.

th_MVI_1853.jpg

'V'

That looks very very good :D

You've done a fantastic job with that V.

Jon

• 4 years later...

One thing with a railway layout that's not usual with static scale models is the ability to improve & modify

over several years as well as just relaxing & running trains.

After over 4 years since the last posting this layout is still in use and now moved from Northamptonshire

to Dorset. Rather than being stored in a shed since 1st January 2014 permanently available for use in

a poorly lit loft. I don't mind the reduced light levels as it allows the layout lights to do their work.

What has been a problem is my move from reliable running diesels to using more steam traction. Steam

locomotives do not like slow running over insulated frog points and after thorough deep cleaning of track,

loco wheels, pick-up wipers only some will work at the low speeds I want. Here is an example.

http://youtu.be/XLYSxgHyxHA

It is possible I'm asking too much, but I don't see why. I would love reliable cross points running at half this

speed.

'V'

That looks excellent to me! And one thing that continually surprises me (even though it shouldn't after all these years!) is that when watching real trains shunting or even trains working on heritage lines is how much quicker they seem to move than most model trains do. Watching the 9F on the Mid Hants last week, when running around it moved everywhere pretty smartish, only really slowing to walking pace when it got to within a few feet of the carriages. But I guess this somehow looks a bit unrealistic on our layouts...?

And I git my first n gauge stock through from hattons yesterday - I see what you meant in an earlier post about getting the things on the track! I see a re-railer in my future!!

Hi keefr22,

'N' is small & my older fingers would have difficulties, however it has improved on detal and offers

such scope within what could be call a reasonable space I'm not surprised it's becoming more

popular.

I did ponder for a while, but the heavy investment in my '00' stocks made me forget about it !!

'V'