Airfix 1/48 B-57B/RB-57E Canberra

ReccePhreak

I just read on another forum that the entire decal sheet for the new Airfix 1/48 B-57B/RB-57E Canberra is too large. Can anybody confirm that? If so, I sincerely hope somebody will be doing replacement decals for the kit? :please:

Larry

BTW, here's where I read it: http://ipmsuk.proboards.com/index.cgi?boar...amp;thread=5400

That would be me who discoverd that. I have just seen Hannants are releasing 2 sheets for the kit sometime. Also after engthy discussion with Airfix they are working on a fix.

I hope their "fix" includes sending a corrected decal sheet to everyone who sends them a UPC from their kit (as proof of purchase). :whistle:

Leave it to XtraDecal to come to our rescue!

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

I hope their "fix" includes sending a corrected decal sheet to everyone who sends them a UPC from their kit (as proof of purchase). :whistle:

Leave it to XtraDecal to come to our rescue!

Larry

Lets hope so. they have promised to keep me up to date so i will pass on anything i hear to you all.

bloody airfix and thier decal fairys eh ?

they just seem to get worse dont they ? how long have airfix had a problem with decals production ?

c'mon Airfix sort it guys you make some awsome kits but awful decals !

Although I do fancy one of these, I've held off buying one yet for various reasons. Looks likt it was a good thing if the 1:32 decals thing turns out true.

Ollie... could you elaborate on what the problem seems to be, please? :)

Although I do fancy one of these, I've held off buying one yet for various reasons. Looks likt it was a good thing if the 1:32 decals thing turns out true.

Ollie... could you elaborate on what the problem seems to be, please? :)

The photos posted on the IPMS forum show the problem well but i will post them here to. I will get a photo of the rest of the sheet later to.

dsc5408.jpg

dsc5410.jpg

Is it the angle of the photos or does the canopy look a bit like "Bridget the Midget"? (Short and humped)

Phil

I wonder how you know about Bridget the Midget?? Have you been looking at my film stash :hmmm:

.....or does the canopy look a bit like "Bridget the Midget"? (Short and humped).....

Phil

I'll have you know thats my mother your talking about :innocent:
....And shes a tail sittter even with 4.5 ounces in the nose....

:ditto:

:sorry: mum

Edited by sonofjim

They do look a bit.... big? :blink:

Just a tad Boss, Im so glad I havent got one of these................ yet

Nah..... it's just that the Canberra came out at the wrong scale..... forget the 1/48 Vulcan - my money's on a 1/32 Cranberry!!!! :frantic:

Peter

:hmmm: Now that would be just peachy :pray:

Bexy

Those were my thoughts, any one know if there is a vac-form B-57 canopy available?

Phil

Hi Phil,and all

I agree, it dose look very thin and too humpy! I may be wrong, but it looks as if Airfix have just scaled up the 1/72 scale B.57, if you compare the parts they look very similar,and equally wrong.

John

Hi Steve

I'm not the sort of modeler who gets hung up over every rivet, but if you compare the photo of the EB.57 with the kit the bottom line of the canopy is quite flat compared with the Airfix kit canopy. If you have an Italeri or Clasic Airframs B.57 and compear them with the Airfix kit you will see the diferance. I've also looked at the drawings in my B.57 flight manuels, and they don't look much like the Airfix kit!

John