N Gauge Rhodesia Railways Layout / rolling stock

Nice one – seems to be a big interest in N so far. Where did the interest in Rhodesian railways come from?

I was born in Rhodesia hence the interest in Rhodesia Railways and the Rhodesian Air Force stuff elsewhere on Britmodeller

nice garret !!

Thanks it still needs finishing though, I have to sort out another chassis as one of the current ones is binding. IS to be powered by a caboose attached behind.

nice garret !!

:stupid:

:sorry: Tornado, couldnt resist that, nice to see someone else appreciate a beautiful powerful loco :worthy:

Cant wait to see the rest of the layout either :thumbsup2:

Bexy

At one time K-Kits used to do a very nice Garret in "OO" guage, sadly long gone.

There is a company who does ready to run OO/HO Garratts but heck they are expensive. There is a company who make a cast body for a Garratt but its a British type not like the Rhodesian ones. Mine as incorrect wheel layout as I cannot get anything with the correct number of lead/trailing trucks, but most of my layout/stock will be built as 'looks like' rather than is 'exactly like', otherwise nothing would get built really. I started working on my station building again recently, its been a learning curve for me so some bits went awry and I got put off it, however I will look to having it done by the end of this year now.

wayne

The K-Kits Garret was a complete kit and it was on flat cards bubble wrapped in plastic, it seemed a funny way to get the kit like this, as most kits came in boxes, I built the Garret but I never put a motor in it so I never saw it running.

Just found this, scroll right down to the bottom of the page.

Linkie

Nice "N" gauge Garret

Yes thats the one I was thinking of above, the kit from fleetline is the body work only, you have to purchase two donor loco's for the running gear

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

Interesting stuff - Rhodesian Railways a subject that I'd never even thought could be modelled- and particularly in 'N'

It's also great to see someone else making a mess as they ballast their track - has to be done, but it took me almost every evening of January to fully ballast mine.

'V'