RMS Titanic

The story so far...

Many many years ago, I came across this cartoon in a magazine. Thought it might give modellers a laugh:

cartoon.jpg

The look of disappointment on the lad's face...

So, you know me well enough by now to know what's coming, don't you?...I was passing a Modelzone a few months ago and saw this:

tit0.jpg

It looked simple enough, not many parts:

tit.jpg

Even fewer when I'd finished with it!

tit2.jpg

tit1.jpg

tit3.jpg

tit5.jpg

tit6.jpg

(Excuse the roughness of the painting - this thing is 1/1200 scale, which means that it only stands an inch and a quarter high!)

I thought it might be just the thing to casually leave on the BM table at shows to elicit a double-take from the punters...

Time for my medication now, then I'd better consider doing a serious build before I forget how.

Cheers,

Dean

i built the bigger revell one , i have to admit a diorama with berg wreckage and lifeboats should look good !!! why not build it like that ,, it has spent more time sunk than affloat it is what it is famous for

at least you left a little gap after the last survivor died last month !!!

Ok Deano, enough is enough, you are certifiably bonkers, are you sure you weren't trained by our very own General Melchy?

Seriously though, Dean, you never fail to amaze me, absolutely brilliant :worthy:

Bexy

• 2 weeks later...

That's one titanic effort, young Skywalker you must now forecastle all your attention on bridging the gap between your RMS'less mizzen around, and funnel all your efforts into building a serious model , before your skills sink without trace and all your plans are scuppered !!, .................you must go with the flo or there will be stern repercussions, :hobbyhorse: .....Amen