a quicky !

tornado64

starting to get used to this resin stuff now !!! although sadly , not getting used to super glue !! once all the cylinders were assembled onto the crank case !! the next job was to work out how to remove said engine from finger !! D'OHH !!

still i can allways honestly say there is a little of me in my models !!

orionbuild004.jpg

after 1/2 an hour removing part it is now installed !!

orionbuild006.jpg

The first Orion entered service with Bowen Air Lines at Fort Worth, Texas, in May 1931.[1] Many safe miles were flown in airline service and the headlines won by a few expert speed pilots proved the advanced design and reliability of the "Orion". Those that went into airline use as a passenger transport had their life span limited, however. In 1934 the Civil Aeronautics Authority issued a ruling prohibiting further use of single engine passenger aircraft from operating on all major networks. It also became mandatory to have a co-pilot and thus a two-seat cockpit arrangement on all such flights. The requirements of the ruling brought an end to the "Orion" as a passenger carrying airlines' airplane. They were then used for cargo or mail carrying or sold for private use and charter. Because the aircraft had a complicated wood construction and needed to be sent back to Lockheed in Burbank California to be repaired, they were often disposed of after any type of significant accident. At least 12 of the used "Orions" were purchased for service in the Spanish Civil War and destroyed in use.[2]

not one of my best builds i know but at least it's another finnished with some more new techniques practiced

ca'd the cannopy so it fogged p.v.a. will have to be baught !!

sealed with klear .. some matt coat will have to be purchased , tried matt varnish but it also disturbed the other paint as seen by colour runs

also the size sent me blind B) as i'm used to much larger stuff but it is done !!

lockheedfinnished2002.jpg

lockheedfinnished2004.jpg

lockheedfinnished2006.jpg

Looks a perfectly respectable size to me Tornado :lol:

great to see her finished, the design has the 30's stamp!

shame about the fogging but she looks super dooper!

Thanks for posting in the gallery BTW

thanks walrus built more because i said i would !! i have another and with lessons learned from this one !! it will be better although the civillian livery looks far better , made quite a few painting screw ups on this ( mainly because i am still learning to airbrush in braile scale ) and have touched up with hairy sticks after which totaly ruins the previously airbrushed effects

also will get pva and a supply of matt silk and gloss coatings

still it was an enjoyable learning curve !!!

a great effort tornado :clap2: i'm sure a coat of matt will work wonders , as for the canopy , well it's 'condensation' innit ! if only i could turn 'em out as quick . . . . :blush: