Waddington departures

Nice camera work Melchie old fruit... apart from the slight stepping on a couple of them due to the shrinky-dinky process. We get the idea though ;)

Loved that Provost with the canopy slid back. I think mine will be done up like that, skills permitting :)

Thanks again chaps, Shaun, actually I know it doesn't sound it but I did enjoy the day , believe it or not, for the first time ever I came away with a haul of models and addons that I have been looking for for quite some time,(especially an AMT RC-135V for 20 quid!!), I always enjoy the ambience of an airshow, it's just that the expectation was high for this one and for one reason or another I felt it was all a bit of a let down. Just wonder how much the VTS knew about the situation before bringing the Vulcan to the show on thursday, where it put on a fairly spirited show before landing !!), cancelling the Vulcan would have been a big blow to the organisers, but not to speculate until more is known.The VTS site has a bit more info right now.

I think we get so used to seeing the regulars, F16, Mirage 2000, Harrier, Tornado and maybe MiG 29 that we feel let down if they don't appear. Not really one for the teams I must admit that the Breitling lot were very polished and the Antonov 2 was thrown around in gay abandon !!

Old buggers , damn and blast you sir :jump_fire: ....quite right I'm just glad to have seen the heady days of IAT at Greenham Common ....now that WAS an airshow, how could it not be with an SR-71, Galaxy, A7D Corsair, Lightning and Vulcan to name but a few, sharing the airspace !!! !!

Alrite , I only heard about the Vulcan being cancelled on my way to the show from the local radio station when a presenter happily announced that he ''wouldn't like to be one of the tens of thousands of people who had travelled a long way to see the Vulcan just to be told that the paperwork hadn't been sorted out in time'' ....very helpful.. Like you I like the fast and noisey stuff, so it was a big disappointment to see that just the Typhoon was to display, what happened to last years 'Role Demonstration' ? which I thought was very well done..

Even if they just took off and did a few flybys it would be nice..

Angels old fella, by all means click away, I intend to repost the pics in full resolution , if that's OK with admin of course, ( Darling send a letter would you !!!), so hopefully they'll be a bit clearer quality.

You have permission from upon high ....Tallyho !! :hobbyhorse:

Melchie..

Spotted Mike, that's the reason I'm going to repost them,

Melch

P1050411.jpg

P1050412-1.jpg

Melchie..

Thanks for posting those shots of the T.2 Andy, I had only been discussing one of these with members on the ATF and I had dug one of my Airfix Jetstream's out of the stash to put at the top of the pile and to my amazement found that I had got two Aeroclub Astazou conversions sometime (with vacuform nacelles I might add) and were in the box. So along with the remnants of the M&E Models conversion set (engines used in another project) I'm planning on putting this one together sometime soon.

Robert

Edited by kitnut617

thanks general for the jetstream photos.

sounds like it was a good idea NOTto go. talking of coaches, the coach company i

could of used to go was charging £45 [inc admission] for the day! and i fear at the next

meeting of the modelclub i go to, the chaps that did go this way will let rip. :angry:

however, like most things, airshows have good and bad years, [remember RIAT 2002

anyone?] and maybe this was a bad year for waddington. despite the bad weather last

year there, i actually enjoyed myself. that i came away with several kits sold cheap is

neither here nor there!

Nice pictures, but I do have to agree with DamienB - yes the airshow circuit is not what it used to be, yes the Vulcan saga was a huge blow and upset a lot of people, but I thought the airshow was not that bad. Ok, there was only two fast jet displays, I was really impressed with the Rad Arrows this year as well as the Chinook Display..... As for car park madness; we drove straight on at 8am, crowd centreline and spent a chilled out day watching the display. As much as I hate to admit it, the glory days of airshows where you used to get tonnes of different planes, participating nations and all that stuff have long gone..

Anyway I've added a couple of my pictures from Alpha dispersal from Monday:

3695759626_ef8768ca5a_b.jpg

3695758106_9ea1581184_b.jpg

3694943783_c898c3ffaa_b.jpg

3695753662_8776913f42_b.jpg

And my fav from Sunday's show... Something different

3690456981_bd0b35be49_b.jpg

More on the Flickr page, def worth a look at some of the other pictures on there, might be something of interest to you

Very nice pics James, great quality I'm just a snap and shoot myself, used to be heavily into it but got lazy !! :blush:( plus having all my expensive stuff pinched whilst out in Africa.................well that kind of put me off for a while !!).

As I said elsewhere I actually enjoyed the day, just disappointed with the content, but that's how things are right now and I can't see them changing any time soon ,

Cheers...

Got a Canon 30D myself with a 100 - 400 l and a 24-105L

Thank you for the comments on the pictures, some of the horizons were not straight on the pictures, I should really alter them sometime; they're are some better ones on my flickr page (www.flickr.com/jamesv9820). To say yours were with a Point and shoot, they are very good indeed!

James

Very nice pics James, great quality I'm just a snap and shoot myself, used to be heavily into it but got lazy !! :blush:( plus having all my expensive stuff pinched whilst out in Africa.................well that kind of put me off for a while !!).

As I said elsewhere I actually enjoyed the day, just disappointed with the content, but that's how things are right now and I can't see them changing any time soon ,

Cheers...

Nice gear James, I 'had' a Canon 450D plus a few nice lenses including a 600 mm TP !! some light fingered little S+++ had it away in a split second, they know what they're doing and you don't want to confront them out there !!! :suicide:

Now I use a Lumix DMC -FZ28 which I must say I'm happy with, it's a compact DSLR with a good quality Leica lens and does me well just now..

I'll have a look at your flickr pics ASAP,

Andy

Thank you - there are tonnes of pics on there, too many infact. i did put the victior shots in recently..

Had a look ....great pics !!!

:cheers:

I sa one of my contacts on flickr got it flying sunday - only saw it last year at RAF Marham families Day being accompanied by shiny two and another... that was quite nice to see

According to my friend James (BM member seaking) you had to be there Thursday to see the Vulcan, see here but scroll down a bit.

http://thekitforum.16.forumer.com/viewtopi...&highlight=

I feel the same way old chap !!, reminiscing is a great if frustrating past time...I too recall great shows in the sixties such as one at Gaydon where we had Victors, Vulcans ( 2 of each), Belfast, Argosy, Lightnings, Buccs, assortment of choppers,VC10, Hunters, etc and the USAF gave us F100's, RF 101's , F4C's ,B66', the list goes on and I even remember seeing a B58 Hustler at a very early Mildenhall show...!!!...ah the memories, :heart: Even the RAF 'at home' shows in September and the USAF' open houses' used to be filled with wild and wonderful aircraft both in the static park and in the air....

You never know things might change and swing back but somehow I doubt it,

Melchie...

Ohhhhhh the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck! I'm sure I hadn't even been born when these airshows took place, but i'd love to see photos from those days.

I regularly cycled to the Mildenhall show as a kid (from Sudbury in Suffolk) and I still can't help feeling that I wished I had a decent camera at the time, that was when I didn't even bother taking a camera the ruddy fool I was!

I was planning to take the train up to Hykeham (from Bury st Edmunds) on the saturday morning and cycle to the show and I'm glad now that I didn't, but many thanks for letting me and many others to see your photos.

I did get to the Biggin Hill Airshow, and it was brilliant - as always, but i guess that is down to the layout of the runways and the only practical routes for the audience to enter the field. I went on the Saturday and was chuffed to bits to see the Vixen flying (for the first time) and many other interesting participants which I believe were also on display at the Waddington show, plus - luckily brilliant weather!

Thanks Lightningboy, like you I used to cycle or bum a lift all over the place when I was a lot younger and fitter,( well two of us!), and got to see some amazing stuff, especially the Vulcan activity at Waddington during the Falklands 'Black Buck' workup !!

The only pics I recall from the early airshows are a handful of black and whites taken by my father which sadly seem to have been lost to the sands of time !!, all I have left are several reels of old cine film from various shows in the late sixties, early seventies which I really must get round to converting and putting on You Tube !,

One enduring memory I have is of RAF Gaydon in 1969, sitting in the obligatory queue to leave and a 48th TFW F-100D and 66th TRW RF-101C Voodoo holding at the end of the runway right next to where we were waiting, engaging their reheats and thundering off into the gathering gloom and pulling up into a climb that seemed to go on forever ! !As it was dusk the combination of amazing noise, yellow shock diamonds from the afterburner, stench of burnt kerosene and clouds of black smoke make for a powerful memory !!

Here's a link to those great days, just look at some of the display programmes.....makes you want to cry !! :crying:

link to scramble airshows

Just click on 'show reports Europe' and scroll down to the bottom for UK, then click on any date you want,

Andy...

Hiya Melchie,

I`ve just noticed the extra Alpha Jet and Jetstream photos so thanks for adding them in my honour so to speak!!

Cheers

Tony O