He 70

Cheers walrus, very handy photos. This will be perforce a quick build and there's not much to see beyond the tiny apertures but it's nice to enjoy such references. I'm going to have to get another one of these to do D-UMIM, they look so splendid without the gun cluttering up the rear fuselage and with the elegant silver/black paintwork.

peebeep

I'm going to have to get another one of these to do D-UMIM, they look so splendid without the gun cluttering up the rear fuselage and with the elegant silver/black paintwork.

peebeep

p.m. me i have one i'd swap for the gannet aew 3 decals i need ...cheers in advance !!

read something of intrest on wikipedia !!

The main weakness of the He 70 design soon became obvious. The He 70 airframe was made out of so-called "electron metal", a very light, yet strong alloy of magnesium, which burns spontaneously in air when heated, and is only exhausted when covered in sand. A single hit from a light machine gun usually set the entire plane ablaze, killing the crew. The Hungarian He 70K fleet was promptly retired and replaced

p.m. me i have one i'd swap for the gannet aew 3 decals i need ...cheers in advance !!

Okeydokey.

With regard to the magnesium I think our Type 42's had the same problem in the South Atlantic.

Oh and I will get around to posting some build pics, it is progressing!

peebeep

Ok here goes, interior bits assembled and blasted with paint:

02.jpg

Very little to see from the outside so lets fix it together:

03.jpg

No filler to the fuselage but a quick go over with some sanding sticks. The windows were either proud or not flush at all, so they were either sanded back and polished or filled up with copious quantities of Klear. The wings go together OK but my sample is short shot on the fairing to the starboard wing so there will be some tricky filling. The wing fuselage joints have been fettled but will require some filling treatment.

peebeep

• 2 weeks later...

How's it going,Paul.....??

Who's winning,me,or You ??

Hs 123 virtually done,just one or two things t'do !!

Cheers,Bazza.

• 4 weeks later...

Hehe

Glad you haven't ruled out disruptive patterns in the long term :winkgrin:

Edit: just had another look at the build in the gallery - thanks for posting Peebeeb

it does look good Yum Yum!

What did you use to fill the trench lines with please?

Edited by walrus