Monogram 1:48 JAS39 Tigerhark?

Before the Gripen was chosen as Swedens main fighter jet, there were three other contenders. The F-16, the F/A-18 and the F-20. Of the these three the F-20 was the least favourable, the F-16 came second.

I bought this model probably 15 years ago, and it's been sitting in a cupboard for at least 10 years. I took it out a few days ago and gave it quick job with the airbrush, added some decals and this was the result. Unfortunatelly, I haven't been able to locate the landing gear yet, but I'll find them eventually. Now I'm gonna dirty it up a bit.

Hope you guys like it. :)

2137-2.jpg

2139-1.jpg

2134-1.jpg

2138-1.jpg

Edited by Robban

:speak_cool:

Swedish Tigershark :doh: now why didn't I think of that?

Very nice! :clap2:

:cheers:

Duncan

Doesn't look too bad (in swedish colours) actually.

But I still prefer those Volvo powered SAAB's...

(A joke in Sweden, when a SAAB owner claims he's got a better car than the Volvo owner, the Volvo owner can always reply - The worlds fastest SAAB is powered by a Volvo engine.)

Thanks guys! :D

@Plutten

No, it's not tinted, perhaps it the yellow light from the lamp? It's slightly polished though. :)

Here's a pic taken outside. Giving a more realistic colour to the canopy(and the rest of the kit).

F20-8.jpg

Is the engine nozzle painted? Looks like unpainted resin to me, witch brings up another question: Is the exhaust a resin replacement?

Yeah, the nozzle is a resin replacement. It's originally intended for the Italeri JAS39 Gripen 1/48 kit, but it was too small. Strangely enough it fits nicely on the Tigershark. It's yet to be painted. I also need to add antennas.