1/72 scale AVIA B 35

Prop Duster

...heard of the manufacture: Kovozavody Prostejov ?, the aircraft ?

I just picked this one out from a $1 grab bag

It came in a plastic zip lock bag -no box-.

The instruction sheet is on course paper with good line drawings (good thing for me as I cant read the Czech/Russian/??? language of the text.

The model is on two sprues gray plastic with a very minimal flash. Panel lines are inset, but look too large for this scale.

Threre's a small decal sheet ( Czech roundels, an "S", a "3" and a little bitty instrument panel)

All and all looks like an interesting build of a, to me, little known aircraft. :rolleyes:

The instruction sheet is on course paper with good line drawings (good thing for me as I cant read the Czech/Russian/??? language of the text.

The model is on two sprues gray plastic with a very minimal flash. Panel lines are inset, but look too large for this scale.

Threre's a small decal sheet ( Czech roundels, an "S", a "3" and a little bitty instrument panel)

All and all looks like an interesting build of a, to me, little known aircraft. :rolleyes:

Review here >

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5...35_Senk/00.shtm

Hi,

KPI publications do an excellent book on the Czech B-35 & B-135 which is worth getting, the aircraft itself was a contemporary to the Spitfire and considered to be an equal match, however the arrival of the Reich put paid to its development. The kit is Czech made by what is now called KoPro. if you want ot look at one in a bigger scale A-Z do a limited run in 1:48.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers

Sounds like you have the same boxing as I have. In case it helps,

colour call-outs as follows: zelena = green, okrova = ochre, hneda = brown, seda = grey, modra = blue, cevena = red, tmave zelena = dark green, drevo = wood, mosaz = brass, striberna = silver, bila = white, cerna = black.

The painting details are actually quite detailed. Here's a rough and ready translation.

"Radiator intake in nose, cockpit interior, seat, tubular pylon in rear of cockpit, wheel covers with exception of front parts, wheel hubs and tail skid were light grey. Surface of coolant radiator was left natural metal colour (silver), surface of oil tank in leading edge of port wing root, which also served as oil cooler, was colour of faded brass. Instrument panel was matt black, control column was natural metal with dark leather handle at the top. Exhausts werre dark black [eh? Dark red??] (rusty), tip of pitot tube and tyres matt black.

Several propellers were tried on the B35.1 during flight trials. The metal prop was natural metal in front and matt black behind; spinner probably blue. Wooden propellers had a characteric appearance with the bandaging on the outer third of the blade in dark green. The spinners were probably painted blue and red.

The nationality and idintification markings were applied progressively during the course of the trials. On the oldest photographs, with the metal prop, the B35.1 only had nationality markings on the rudder. Later, with the wooden prop, nationality markings appeared on all wing surfaces. After the fitting of the radio a small "Avia" marking appeared on the fin and finally, during speed tests, the B35.1 also bore an S-3 marking from the Military Aviation Study Institute at Letnany."

Does it show that KP started out run by enthusiasts?

HTH

[Edited to remove typos.]

Nick

Edited by Seahawk
  • Like 1

A great many thanks, to you all, for your kind responses.

The ARC article, MilneBay, was very helpful.

CockneyCol, the publication should make a good source reference.

Veltro, your right, seems it would be a natural.

Seahawk' many thanks for the color (colour?) and painting translations. Your right, the descriptions are worth having.

Well, as soon as the current AVG P-40 is completed; looks like "we're" going to be in the Czech prototype business.

now where is that glue??

:bye: