Swordfish 1:72

Greetings

This is my latest completed effort. It was done as a leaving gift for a colleague, I don't normally give my kits away but it was an old cheap matchbox kit so I didn't find it too hard to part from it. The story behind it is:

We are RNAS Culdrose NDT section and every now and then we pop up to Yeovilton to assist them in XRAYing the Swordfish wings and fuselage tubes (we are not really required but its a good excuse to get out the office and have a PUA! :cheers: ). When XRAYing, a heavy lead shield is used to protect the operators. This shield is heavy and a two man manoeuvre but my colleague tried moving it on his own and dropped it against the fuselage severly damaging the aircraft........well that was a bit of an exageration, he scraped the top slightly but why let the truth get in the way of a good dit :banghead: . The original plan was to depict it as per the XRAY scene and have the tail chopped off by a lead screen....but in the end I couldn't bring myself to blatently destroy a nice effort so left it intact.

Built it straight out of the box apart from tubes in rear, a bit more effort in the cockpit and some rigging (aeroclub elastic stuff) with alot of artistic license.

P6190130.jpg

P6190128.jpg

P6190132.jpg

A close up of the XRAY set up

P6190134.jpg

The nearly completed gizzet just missing the brass plaque

P6190136.jpg

A photo of a photo of me (on the left) carrying out the said XRAY with a bloody nice chap (not my colleague!)

P6190138.jpg

Cheers now

Bob :thumbsup:

Edited by moaning dolphin