First past the post, with the Bristol Olympus engine testbed, converted from the Airfix 1/48 B(2) kit.

Don't know what the maximum is for photos in the gallery, but it's usually five, so I'll go with that...

Build thread here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry351544

can18.jpg

can19.jpg

can5.jpg

can17.jpg

can16.jpg

Cheers,

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

What, is it me again? Blimey, you lot had better get some builds done...

Here's my Colourblind Canberra, build thread here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...t=0#entry342791

Matchbox 1/72 PR9, colour scheme chosen by BMers, all markings masked and sprayed:

(Apologies in advance)

colour17.jpg

colour21.jpg

colour19.jpg

colour24.jpg

colour23.jpg

Cheers,

Dean

• 4 weeks later...

Airfix 1/48 B.2 converted to a TT.18

Here's my 1/48 Airfix B.2 converted to a TT.18 finished as WK128 based at RAE Llanbedr.

Kit manufacturer: Airfix

Scale: 1/48

Type: Canberra TT.18

Extras used: Belcher Bits Tip Tanks, Airdecal "Raspberry Ripple Canberras" roundels, fin flashes and RAE coat of arms decals, Model Alliance Canberra Stencil Decals, home made RAE titles and underwing serial decals.

Paints and colours used: Citadel Blood Red, Necron Blue, Golden Yellow, Chaos Black, Blazing Orange; Tamiya Fine White Primer, Fluorescent Orange; Alclad Aluminium, Pale Burnt Metal.

Other info: Scratch built Rushton Winch and Target, Stiletto Drone, Winch operator mirror housings, various aerials and anti collision & navigation lights.

Build thread is here

DSC01632.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

Dedicated to Les and to Geoff Rickards and "Dickie" Bird, colleagues from my missile trials days that passed in the last year - RIP :poppy:

Ian

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Charlies two complete builds, 1:72 Matchbox PR9 & 1:72 Novo B(i) Mk8 Prototype (Conversion)

BUILD THREAD

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

1:72 Novo B(i) Mk8 Prototype Conversion:

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Edited by bexwh773

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Here's another coda - the Italeri B-57G Canberra, which I have found to be a creditably accurate kit, despite its age. In fact, there would seem to be fewer errors than the current Airfix 1:48 item. This is only the second build I've seen where the HF aerial has been included. The aftermarket parts were: Aeroclub Escapac seats, Xtradecal decals, augmented by those from the kit, Cobra Resins cockpit (suitably modified, I eventually found a way of sending him cash for the item), Eduard general detail set and Spectre Resins M36 bombs. The aircraft represented is that of the 13th BS, 8th TFW towards the end (hence the weathering) of its stay at RTAFB Ubon.

100_7536.jpg

100_7537.jpg

100_7538.jpg

100_7541.jpg

100_7551.jpg

100_7552.jpg

CIMG0121.jpg

CIMG0106.jpg

CIMG0135.jpg

CIMG0127.jpg

The rest of the photos, including work in progress images, are here:

Photo album on Photobox

Hope you like it - as ever not free from problems, but progress.

Gavin