Captain America

I finally got him finished tonight in time for our model club.

Figure is a chinese copy of the Horizon Vinyl Kit 1/6 scale. To be honest if I was not building this for a friend it might have gone in the bin. Quality was bad and some of the joins took a lot of miliput to get right. No matter what I did I could not get the sheild on his arm round. In the end the two sides were araldited together and clamped after being slit a little and the gaps repaired.

Base is an old cheese board, masking the concentric circles was a mare, 5 pointed star is drawn onto thick platicard, carved out and painted gloss white.

CaptA4.jpg

CaptA6.jpg

CaptA5.jpg

I am fairly pleased with the end result, not my best work but I think my friend will be happy. Just got to wait till he gets back from holiday before I surprise him.

Julien

Edited by Julien

Really good job there, Julien! :thumbsup2:

I have a few resin figures in my "to-do" stash, but I doubt I will ever attempt a vinyl figure. The one thing that is keeping me from starting on my resin figures is the lack of confidence in doing a good job on skin tones. And since my figures have a LOT of skin to paint (read: semi-nude women!), I want to do a good job on them.

Larry

And since my figures have a LOT of skin to paint (read: semi-nude women!),

Larry

Ooh err larry!

I must admit I have a couple of said same figures to do for the same guy I did this for and I am unsure about the skin tone!

Its also amazing how anatomically correct they get these figures :hypnotised:

Julien