Brooklands Concorde - Amazing restoration photo diary

Evening all.

Forgive me if I this has been mentioned before but I thought I had to give credit to Neil Walker for his fantastic photo diary of the restoration of Concorde G-BBDG at Brooklands.

Neil Walker's G-BBDG restoration photo diary.

Not only is this a testament to all the dedicated work of many professionals and volunteers alike in restoring IMHO one of this country's finest aeronautical achievements to its former albeit grounded glory, it offers way too much information for a duffer of a modeller, namely me, who is trying not to get bogged down while building a Revell 1/144 Concorde!

Hmm, now I guess that 1/72 Airfix Concorde I promised myself would be a great way of employing what I've learned by studying these pictures...

Phil.

Hmm, now I guess that 1/72 Airfix Concorde I promised myself would be a great way of employing what I've learned by studying these pictures...

You know you want to!

Thanks for the link, matey.

HEY.....PHIL B....Great informative lnk......and so much hard work put into this....

:please: So have you gotten to a stage where you have opened the box to start your model of this... :evil_laugh:

Houston.. :cowboy::pilot:

Edited by Houston

HEY.....PHIL B....Great informative lnk......and so much hard work put into this....

:please: So have you gotten to a stage where you have opened the box to start your model of this... :evil_laugh:

Houston.. :cowboy::pilot:

Houston, that is a problem. That photo diary has informed me greatly and messed up a speedy build. I pulled this kit from the stash mainly because it would be quick to build and paint.

However, amazingly for those who know me, I have started on it! :shocked:

I've done a lot of work on the engine nacelles including making intake dividers and ramps plus thrust reversers to replace the interesting 'spectacle'-type parts Revell provided. I'm currently trying to make myself just get on with the rest of the airframe instead of trying to make the 'square to round' intake trunking within the nacelles. :undecided: I may have to leave that bit for a future build.

If I'd got my act together, I would have posted a build thread but I have a hard enough job finding time for the kit itself.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Phil.

:gobsmacked::winkgrin:

Right! I'll do you for that! :boxing: I'll have you know I have even sanded down the ejector pins on the outside of the fueslage, fitted plasticard strips so the lower wing will sit properly and I've decided the picture window which Revell want to pass of as a windscreen has to go. Haven't sorted that one out yet though.

Glacial builders of the world unite, next month, maybe!

I keep meaning to crack on with my Hurricane, but I made the mistake of bringing all my Apollo and space books home yesterday. Now I want to build something lunar-related!

I keep meaning to crack on with my Hurricane, but I made the mistake of bringing all my Apollo and space books home yesterday. Now I want to build something lunar-related!

Well the fabric on a Hurri fueslage was about the same thickness as most of the skin of the Lunar Module so maybe you can think of your Hurri as being space related. Tenuous Link Of The Week award? What do y'all reckon?

Well the fabric on a Hurri fueslage was about the same thickness as most of the skin of the Lunar Module so maybe you can think of your Hurri as being space related. Tenuous Link Of The Week award? What do y'all reckon?

I think you've won!

Phil.

Got one untouched if you are interested – £21 inc P&P UK

Got one untouched if you are interested – £21 inc P&P UK

Thanks Nick, that is a great price and really tempting but I'm going to blow all my pay on rent and food again.

Phil.