Panzer IV Ausf. E (1:35 Dragon)

Mike

After I got back from the hozzy this avo, I started working on the pioneer tools so that I could attach them and then do the "dust" layer of Tamiya buff. I got them all done early this evening, so attacked the model with my airbrush, in a prelude to adding some granularity to the lower hull in the form of small(ish) quantities of dust and mud clinging to the running gear. That's fun for tomorrow... in the meantime, here's today's work:

hull24.jpg

hull25.jpg

hull26.jpg

hull27.jpg

:) Gracias folks... I used the muck to tone down the exhaust a bit, as it was coming out rather LOUD on the last set of pics... looked fine in the flesh though :shrug:

We want piccies, come on Mike, don't hold out on us.

Shortly... I've just added a length of track chained between the front tow shackles, which needed a bit of muck adding, so as soon as that has dried, I'll be back with some pics :)

Ok... I decided that it's not always bone dry in Africa, and early morning dew could cause some churning of the ground on occasion, so I went for a muddy, soily, dusty look. I'm not 100% sure whether I'm happy with it (as usual with tracks), but here are the promised pics :unsure:

hull28.jpg

hull29.jpg

hull30.jpg

hull31.jpg

What do you think?

Bloody good that mate, - I'd rust up the chains holding the spare track in place - grind up a rust coloured pastel in some turps and paint it onto them ;)

Definately want to see this one in the flesh... er plastic...