Wellington test bed

Lúcio

Hi!

I´m looking for pictures/drawings/information on Wellington jet engine test beds.

Also, same for B-17, Lancaster, french B-26 used to test ATAR engines, Battle, etc... test beds.

Cheers,

Lucio

The Putnam is a bit disappointing - it says at least 15 types of jet engines were evaluated in two Wellington test beds but only gives one picture with a rear mounted Whittle, also one with RR Dart turboprops. They're small and not easy to scan 'cos of the spine of the book.

Wellington Special (pub Ian Allan) has a double page of photos with a rear mounted Whittle - again not easy to scan and poor print quality to start with.

If you can't get them any other way I'll try scanner or digital camera - too short of time just now,

Ross

Walrus and Rossm,

I gladly accept your offers.

I really love engien test beds and other experimental aircrafts but there´s very little info and pictures of most of them.

The Lancasters are the ones with more pictures and details published. In the other hand, the french Marauders with ATAR and Jumo engines in the rear fuselages are very elusive critters.

I just reveived a small lot of old Airfix Magazines. There´s a small feature in converting the Airfix Fairey Battle to a test bed (Bristol Centaurus, Merlin and other engines) but pictures are very dark and low res and drawings very sketchy. It´s a start, however...

Now that the new ICM He-70 are out I will probably convert my old Matchbox Blitz to the Kestrel engined example owned by Rolls Royce.

Cheers,

Lúcio

PM sent re Wellington scans.

Looks like Walrus has the Lancaster/Lincoln covered.

I can also do some stuff on the Battle if you like. What are you going to build first ?

Ross

Ross,

Wonderful scans of the Wellington.

I´d like to have the Battle, too. Will build it first, just because it´s smaller.

Best regards,

Lúcio

Battle scans sent - lots of versions to choose from, some would be easier than others,

Cheers,

Ross

Ross and Walrus,

MANY THANKS for the excellent material you both sent to me. Now I have a solid starting point for Battle, Lancaster, Lancastrian and (I can dream...) Lincoln test beds.

If you need something, please drop me a line.

Best regards,

Lúcio