Spitfire AB910 Serial decals

Dave George

I am just about to start my first kit in years, the Tamiya Spitfire Vb. Most things are sorted except for replicating the Serial Number on the fuselage sides. The particular aircraft is one of the BBMF fleet, AB910. The letters are in "Stencil" font an end up 1.5mm high at 1/48th scale. Any hints on how to solve this problem?

I am just about to start my first kit in years, the Tamiya Spitfire Vb. Most things are sorted except for replicating the Serial Number on the fuselage sides. The particular aircraft is one of the BBMF fleet, AB910. The letters are in "Stencil" font an end up 1.5mm high at 1/48th scale. Any hints on how to solve this problem?

I think you can buy various letters and numbers RAF style, not sure mind.

I was sat in this plane last week!

Adam

AB910's serial is done in 4" titling.

1/48th scale works at 4 feet to the inch,so 25.4 divided by 4 means that a 1/48th "foot" equals 6.35mm.

Divide that by 3(3x4=12) and that gives you 1.587mm.

Have look for a 1/48th scale sheet with 4"(usually a Royal Navy sheet)titling and make up from there.

Once you've got it on your Spit,use a keen blade to carefully knick out the bits you need to.

Ask Colin S-K if he has anything in his decal bank,he's usually pretty good.

Mark

AB910's serial is done in 4" titling.

1/48th scale works at 4 feet to the inch,so 25.4 divided by 4 means that a 1/48th "foot" equals 6.35mm.

Divide that by 3(3x4=12) and that gives you 1.587mm.

Have look for a 1/48th scale sheet with 4"(usually a Royal Navy sheet)titling and make up from there.

Once you've got it on your Spit,use a keen blade to carefully knick out the bits you need to.

Ask Colin S-K if he has anything in his decal bank,he's usually pretty good.

Mark

Mark,

I'm flattered.......

But yes, feel free to email me,

[email protected]

Colin