I.D. Models C-133 Cargomaster

Been priming most evenings last week. Started the cockpit glazing today by making card templates of the individual panes/facets. Once these were trimmed to the correct shape I used them to mark the pane outlines on sone clear plastic sheet and cut out the panes. After coating with Klear and leaving to dry I cemented them in place using cyano glue applied with the tip of a pin. Once the cayano had set I masked the panes and applied filler to the upper and lower joints, whucg was sanded smooth(ish) once set. The masking tape protects the clear plastic during sanding. The tape was removed and new tape applied and cut to form the individual cockpit windows with a new blade. Re-primed and left to cure overnight.

C133_165.jpg

C133_166.jpg

C133_167.jpg

C133_168.jpg

C133_169.jpg

C133_170.jpg

C133_171.jpg

C133_172.jpg

C133_174.jpg

:giles:

Darius

That paint looks lovely Darius - is it Alclad for the NMF?

I hadn't seen your last post either - that flight deck glazing is very nicely done!

Keef

Thanks Keef - the NM paint finish is a mixtue of Halfords grey primer (masked off) and Halfords Nissan silver with both polished using SNJ powder after the masks were removed.

Darius

Not very often that I venture into a vacform build thread but having saw this couldn't not read on.

That is some incredible work that you have done, I am in total admiration for what you have pulled off with this build. I too am a professional engineer (mech bias though) and I wouldn't want to do this on a CAD package let alone real life. Can't wait to see it finished.

Ah well back to my plastic ready formed kits and resin extras.

Pete

• Like 1

Black cheat line added - mixture of masking and painting for the compound curves and black decal strips for the straight lines. Also completed and painted the prop blades and spinners. Added some detail to the inside of the main gear doors.

Darius

C133_186.jpg

C133_187.jpg

C133_188.jpg

C133_189.jpg

C133_190.jpg

Edited by Darius at Home

:wow: Darius

What a super example of skill and attention to detail.

It is an airplane that got lost in time. It was refreshing to see you would take the time and put forward the effort.

I was on the ground crew of the sister ship to the tail number you chose for you finished model.

54-0142 It sure brought back some good memories.

Thanks for once again a masterful job.

Robert Houston

Amazing model Darius, any chance you might bring that to the Lancing show this year?

I would be happy to. I went with a friend of mine to the show a couple of years ago and it was very enjoyable. We then walked back along the coast to Worthing via a few pubs en route - also very enjoyable but not as much for my legs...

When is the show this year?

Darius

I would be happy to. I went with a friend of mine to the show a couple of years ago and it was very enjoyable. We then walked back along the coast to Worthing via a few pubs en route - also very enjoyable but not as much for my legs...

When is the show this year?

Darius

May, but not sure of the date exactly! it was the 16th last year but Ill find out next tuesday and let you know

Deon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...